Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Supporting Member
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Good win against a good team, these are the games that we lost in the past few years. N. Texas will be a tough challenge on Wednesday.
    On a side note I noticed Cobie Barnes sitting three rows behind the basket on the south end, he jumped up on D’s block.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chaddog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    How will our rotation change once Neese and the Iowa transfer start playing? I mean, we seem to be doing well with the current rotation. Don't want to mess up a good thing, but I assume some players will be getting less playing time.
    All guesses on my part, but I’m assuming Holston goes to the bench and Williams goes to the starting lineup. Neese, assuming he can play a lick of defense, takes Washington’s spot as the first guard off the bench. Holston and Hughes fight it out for first wing off the bench depending on if we need a scoring punch (Hughes) or a defensive presence (Holston). It will also hopefully give Barnes and Key a few more minutes of rest per game. They’re playing about 4-5 more minutes each game than you’d like right now, and we could see them wear down over the course or the season at this rate.

Washington’s PT will probably suffer the most, but the kid as shown some real flashes of potential. His future is bright and he’s filled in admirably.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsportsfan View Post
    I really like this team. We still dribble too much without going anywhere, but far less than in the past four seasons. Still wait too long into the shot clock before attacking, too, but overall we are much more unselfish and better on defense. Free throws need a little work. Rotation depth will be helped in a couple of weeks. No idea how far this team will go, but to me we are much more fun to watch than in several years. There seems to be less tension and a looser atmosphere on the court and sidelines, at least from a distance. I love it!
    I agree with your assessment. We should gain more depth
    when Neese and Williams become eligible. Hopefully we can stay injury-free. I don't wan't to have to utter the term "collapse" this season. Stay focused and hungry!!

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by meistro View Post
    These are the kind of teams we should have on our schedule every year, imo.
    And for any MVC expansion talk, I would think that Wright State would be in that conversation...it's an I-70 Corridor game...inexpensive travel costs and a easy 3 hour drive if that. The MVC gets a presence in OHIO...which it used to have when Cincinnati was in the MVC, etc.
    a.k.a. The Blue MOSQUITO