Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 3,115 Posts

[December 5, 2018] Indiana State (5-1) vs. North Texas (8-1)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (5-1) vs. North Texas Mean Green
    (8-1)

Hulman Center - Terre Haute, IN
    Wednesday, December 5, 2018
    7:00 PM EST Tip
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Role Player
    Thanks
    That record is pretty deceiving. 3 of their wins are against non D1 schools. They also have wins against Maryland Eastern Shore and St Peters who are bottom level schools. North Texas has a core of 4 players on offense who all average 13 PPG. Z Simmons leads them with 13.6 PPG. Simmons is 6'9 so we will have to focus some attention on him. They have 3 decent shooting guards as well. All of these guys are not seniors, so they will be really good next season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 712 Posts
    North Texas is okay...not that good but still has some talent. They’re probably a fringe Thursday team in the MVC, and a team we should definitely beat at home. I think it’ll be close, similar to the Wright State game, but we come away with a victory. 5 point win.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    North Texas hung in at Oklahoma only down 2 at halftime. They had a horrid shooting game. Looks like they had quite a few steals and rebounds. I think they're pretty athletic.

Starter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokerZ View Post
    North Texas is okay...not that good but still has some talent. They’re probably a fringe Thursday team in the MVC, and a team we should definitely beat at home. I think it’ll be close, similar to the Wright State game, but we come away with a victory. 5 point win.
    I think this NTX team is a lot better than "okay". They've been red hot ever since they went into the CIT tournament last season and won the whole thing. This team is very good and we will have to be on our A game to win it. I expect this Mean Green team to be competing for the CUSA title this season. I also think they would finish in the top 4 in our league. They are not a "Thursday" team.
    Invite NDSU and SDSU to the MVC for all sports!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    I think this NTX team is a lot better than "okay". They've been red hot ever since they went into the CIT tournament last season and won the whole thing. This team is very good and we will have to be on our A game to win it. I expect this Mean Green team to be competing for the CUSA title this season. I also think they would finish in the top 4 in our league. They are not a "Thursday" team.
    You also thought we would win less than 10 games this year.

It’s going to be a tough game for sure, but good teams win games like this at home. We’re gonna needs bigger contributions from Clayton and Holston on the wings since NT plays fast.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,835 Posts

[December 5, 2018] Indiana State (5-1) vs. North Texas (8-1)

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreBlue3209 View Post

Its going to be a tough game for sure, but good teams win games like this at home. Were gonna needs bigger contributions from Clayton and Holston on the wings since NT plays fast.
    Holston is giving you what your going to get - hes not playing bad basketball. Hes just playing his game. He takes care of the ball. He doesnt force anything. He will get a couple buckets but hes not on the floor for his scoring. Hes solid on D and he gets you
    some rebounds. I just think people need to start to realize that were fortunate to finally
    have a 5th year transfer with experience and a guy that appears to have zero ego at all. He never looks rattled and he doesnt have some misguided confidence of who/what he is as a basketball player. That is actually pretty rare and I think he will continue to get minutes when the other guys become eligible.

Hughes will be better - Wright St guarded the perimeter fairly well and closed out on our shooters - we still shot the ball well. He will get a charge or two next game and probably get a few 3s to get him going again. The biggest thing with him is D - he is so slow closing out and gets killed on dribble drive. Im not worried about his O - he has to be more committed on D.
    Last edited by SycamoreStateofMind; 12-02-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    Roll Timber!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    Holston is giving you what your going to get - he’s not playing bad basketball. He’s just playing his game. He takes care of the ball. He doesn’t force anything. He will get a couple buckets but he’s not on the floor for his scoring. He’s solid on D and he gets you
    some rebounds. I just think people need to start to realize that we’re fortunate to finally
    have a 5th year transfer with experience and a guy that appears to have zero ego at all. He never looks rattled and he doesn’t have some misguided confidence of who/what he is as a basketball player. That is actually pretty rare and I think he will continue to get minutes when the other guys become eligible.

Hughes will be better - Wright St guarded the perimeter fairly well and closed out on our shooters - we still shot the ball well. He will get a charge or two next game and probably get a few 3’s to get him going again. The biggest thing with him is D - he is so slow closing out and gets killed on dribble drive. I’m not worried about his O - he has to be more committed on D.
    I don’t expect either to go out and get 20 and 10. More speaking WKU and Wright St both came in here with a massive center that the focus was on. NT is coming in with guards and wings that can really score the ball. We know what we’re getting with JB and Key so the combo of Hughes and Holston will be big in this one especially on defense.

Starter
    Thanks

It’s going to be a tough game for sure, but good teams win games like this at home. We’re gonna needs bigger contributions from Clayton and Holston on the wings since NT plays fast.
    What a slam. I guess I'm supposed to be disappointed that we're off to a great start. Not sure anyone thought we'd start out 5-1. I guess I'm also supposed to think a team that's won 13 of their past 15 games is trash and that this is going to be an easy win. Our conference that was supposed to be great this year also apparently sucks, but yeah keep believing that NTX is a Thursday team. Get a clue.
    Invite NDSU and SDSU to the MVC for all sports!

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,835 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    I dont expect either to go out and get 20 and 10. More speaking WKU and Wright St both came in here with a massive center that the focus was on. NT is coming in with guards and wings that can really score the ball. We know what were getting with JB and Key so the combo of Hughes and Holston will be big in this one especially on defense.
    Well good thing your not expexting 20 and 10 because were not getting that out of anyone on this roster...
    Roll Timber!