Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 629 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    Parker had the scout according to TribStar pre game.

In his defense during a late shot clock pos. In the first half the bench screams “watch the slip - watch the slip” (a screener slipping to the hoop for a pass) inevitably it came and we stopped it on a rare occasion because they killed us on that.

Me thinks we just didn’t show up. I’m telling you we had several transition run outs that end up in half court sets - it was amazing. They had several transition run outs that ended in wide open knock down 3’s. I don’t really blame TP for this one - they tried to switch D’s they tried a lot of different looks. We came out flat as hell which is purely unnecessary.

The goods news is we can stop debating the at-large deal / MVC relevancies and we can stop talking about our D1 leading 3pt % (6-17 tonight).

That was a punch in the gut for anyone remotely associated with the program.
    We did mix up our D and the zone was worse than our man, ouch. NT was really quick in getting back when we had fastbreak opportunities or so it seemed. I remember JB and Washington seemingly with easy basket opportunities only to have them get back and make a play.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 629 Posts
    Look

Combined 1-13 from the field from Rickman, Thomas and Kessinger.

Combined 6-12 from the 3 point line - 1-4 from Kessinger alone. As much as people want to hug the effing shit out of him he was awful tonight.

Rickman, Thomas, Kessinger combine for 5 turnovers.
    BK was awful tonight and his struggles at the ft line are really hurting us. Of course Rickman is not Larry Bird at the line either.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Iíve listened to a lot of post game interviews on my hour drive home after each game. Tonightís was different. Lansing usually defends his guys and takes the blame. Tonight he put the blame on them. He said they were terrible, Tyreke was terrible, and he didnít recognize that team that showed up tonight. He was completely caught off guard. To me that means that these 19-24 year olds just mentally were not present. That happens in college basketball. Itís unfortunate for us but it happens. It even happens to the best, go ask Virginia about March last year. These kids probably had a big head from the minor run at success and they let the focus slip.

I couldnít help but notice the need for a third scoring option on the floor. All of our guys outside of Key and Barnes are role players and it showed tonight. Thankfully we have a couple guys joining soon that may give us that third option.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skdent1414 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I refuse to say anything negative about individuals on this or any other Sycamore team.

Therefore, I am proud to have been 1 or 3113 loyal fans to have wasted a beaurtful December evening in the Hulman Center tonight.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Thanks
    I love it when this board implodes after a dreadfully played game.

But otherwise, a pretty pleasant season so far.

I bet if I/we were to go back and read comments after the Ball State game, we'd have folks saying we wouldn't win 5 games all season.

Just a terrible game and I think this one will be an exception to the rule this season. Though, I am glad we've got Truman State next, and not TCU quite yet.
    NO EXCUSES

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    I love it when this board implodes after a dreadfully played game.

But otherwise, a pretty pleasant season so far.

I bet if I/we were to go back and read comments after the Ball State game, we'd have folks saying we wouldn't win 5 games all season.

Just a terrible game and I think this one will be an exception to the rule this season. Though, I am glad we've got Truman State next, and not TCU quite yet.
    It's not that we lost - it was perfectly okay to lose to that NT team. Losing isn't the issue here. It's how you play. It's not doing the little things that got you to 5-1 in the first place. It's your head coaching asking on social media for media pundits to look at his team playing a meaningful game in the days leading up to the actual game. It's your head coach publicly pleading fans to come out and support his program.

All of that and to then come out and get your breaks beat in so hard for 40 mins. and then it all comes crashing down. This is why fans around here implode year after year. Trust me - it's when they stop imploding that you have a real problem. You and a few others might be the only ones left posting when that day comes.

I'm still pissed - not that we lost. I was okay with a Wright St. NT 1-1 split. I'm not okay with a 5-1 team playing uninspired basketball at home to the beat of being down 19 in the second half. To me that shows that not much has changed - I've heard a lot of fans and people close to the program speculate how things feel different this year. I want to buy into that - but that effort was much of what I've seen in the past.
    Roll Timber!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It's not that we lost - it was perfectly okay to lose to that NT team. Losing isn't the issue here. It's how you play. It's not doing the little things that got you to 5-1 in the first place. It's your head coaching asking on social media for media pundits to look at his team playing a meaningful game in the days leading up to the actual game. It's your head coach publicly pleading fans to come out and support his program.

All of that and to then come out and get your breaks beat in so hard for 40 mins. and then it all comes crashing down. This is why fans around here implode year after year. Trust me - it's when they stop imploding that you have a real problem. You and a few others might be the only ones left posting when that day comes.

I'm still pissed - not that we lost. I was okay with a Wright St. NT 1-1 split. I'm not okay with a 5-1 team playing uninspired basketball at home to the beat of being down 19 in the second half. To me that shows that not much has changed - I've heard a lot of fans and people close to the program speculate how things feel different this year. I want to buy into that - but that effort was much of what I've seen in the past.
    Lot's of good stuff here. Seriously. I don't disagree with you.

Watching the high-majority of that game was infuriating. Just glad it's only game seven and not game 31.
    NO EXCUSES

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    Lot's of good stuff here. Seriously. I don't disagree with you.

Watching the high-majority of that game was infuriating. Just glad it's only game seven and not game 31.
    Agreed. Pretty spot on. The good thing about basketball 1 game doesn't define you (leaves a bad taste in your mouth if it was like this game) I'll be anxious to see how the guys respond. We will see although you should never overlook opponent I'm eyeing TCU game. I'm also going to say that we are better off playing 4 guards and 1 big.

Thanks
    I didnt get to go to the game but i was able to watch some of it and i dumped the $4.99 to have ESPN+ even after football season, which I feel has been just a huge pain in the ass trying to get it to go between platforms.

Here's my take. I saw us miss a bunch of easy shots and I saw them make a bunch I expected to miss. I thought 2 moments set the feel for the game. 1. at the end of the 1st half they were going to go for 1 shot and we stole the ball and got easy points off of it instead for some momentum going into half but instead they came right down and hit a three completely changing the momentum. 2. we had a situation in the 2nd half when we were trying to come back, got a great steal, fought to get control, hit it right to their player and they get an easy layup.

The only thing I think this hurts is the vibe with potential fan attendance. We have now shown we can win and that we cannot mail in a game that we want to win. we need to get better so we can win the 3-4 games that matter st louis. a good record would be nice too. maybe this game will prevent everyone from sticking their heads all the way in their asses.

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Im also hoping that since he wanst nice about how his players played, maybe this is the year that he will lose his shit when we have a pile of shit officiating crew.