Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    At this point I believe you are correct, SL is 1 school away from having 6 FB playing members

and FYI, NDSU has named long time DC Matt Entz to be the new HC, some stuff flying around about Grant Olson making his way back to NDSU

True, they have 5 FB playing members, 4 in the MVFC and an Independent... Who's going to be the 6th FB member? The Mastadons? Neb-Omaha dropped football in 2011, partly to be more 'SL compliant' AND to meet Title IX requirements... Say, maybe Oral Bob will kick off a football team...

I don't see SL adding fball anytime soon
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Starter
    Thanks
    ^ Rumor on the street is that they want to add Northern Colorado. Even if they did they'd probably want 1-2 more schools so they wouldn't have to schedule so many non-conference games. Supposedly the WAC is also interested in starting FCS football with some D2 move ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore Proud View Post
    Add 4 Dakota schools, Murray State and an unnamed northern school. Go with north and south divisions. I would hope we could get a school with better accessibility and geographical fit than WIU. Workable? Could be. Desirable? Mayne. Logical? Makes about as much sense as most other proposals.
    My WIU proposal was for if we joined the OVC. The private schools in the MVC would never allow 5 public schools to join the league. They are probably the reason Murray State wasn't invited in the first place. The "11 thing" almost seems more like a cover up story than reality. The MWC, Big Sky, and MAAC all operate with 11 fine.
    Invite NDSU and SDSU to the MVC for all sports!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q_iu View Post
    True, they have 5 FB playing members, 4 in the MVFC and an Independent... Who's going to be the 6th FB member? The Mastadons? Neb-Omaha dropped football in 2011, partly to be more 'SL compliant' AND to meet Title IX requirements... Say, maybe Oral Bob will kick off a football team...

I don't see SL adding fball anytime soon
    Augustana in Sioux falls just announced its moving up to DI, not sure what they are going to do with their Football

Guessing they are a lock for the SL, probably non scholly on the FB side or drop it

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Aside from scheduling i don’t see an advantage to having 10-12 teams in a conference. I realize that means a few at large spots but i think a 6 or 8 team conference is better. Maybe scheduling is a huge deal but id rather drive 5-12 hours south than north in november