Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 3,115 Posts

Some hoops data junkies discussing Indiana State

Register to remove this advertisement
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,835 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    A couple of thoughts - in doing so I'm dismissing what I saw last night entirely.

- Jordan Barnes and BScott were in a chuck it war all season last year. They couldn't get shots up quick enough - if they waited the other one was going to get the shot up. It's not that surprising to see him be a little more selective.

- Key is a patient basketball player and often takes what the defense gives him. Other than Barnes he has the ball in his hands as much as any other player. His shot selection is one of the biggest factors at play here.

- Holston is the other guy that has this metric looking so bizarre. He's basically playing SF for us and he's attempted one three point shot all year. His refusal to shoot the 3 point shot is a huge factor. He's #3/4 on the team at minutes played at a position where often times a couple 3 pointers a game are going to fly and he's not taking any.

- Hughes has improved his shooting drastically so far on the young season. He made 14 three pointers all of last year - he's already made 8 three pointers this season at a clip of 57%. He's playing within himself and so far the results have been pretty decent. He's just got to learn to defend and most notably defend without fouling.

- Someone noted on that thread of tweets that when Neese becomes eligible this is all likely out the window. I'm not sure we will start shooting them at the clip that NT did last night (32 total) but I'd say low 20's game in and game out is probably going to be the norm.
    Roll Timber!