Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 629 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    Agree to a certain extent about the price of tickets. But it doesn’t start or end with winning... The University by and large can’t control the out come on the court - they can control other things.

- Having game day signage or a person at the closed box office directing people on game day.

- Friendly ushers that help people find a seat with a smile and a thank you.

- Beer sales.

- Consistant pre game promotion.

- Alumni relations that start the second a student chooses to become a Sycamore.

- Getting students to games what the F happened to the Forest.

- And yes even ticket prices, concession stand prices and offerings, etc.

All of this stuff and more is controllable - winning is not. If we keep waiting on a winning program to attempt to capitalize on fan support then it will likely ALWAYS come and go. We will never build a consistent winner.
    Good points.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    Agree to a certain extent about the price of tickets. But it doesn’t start or end with winning... The University by and large can’t control the out come on the court - they can control other things.

- Having game day signage or a person at the closed box office directing people on game day.

- Friendly ushers that help people find a seat with a smile and a thank you.

- Beer sales.

- Consistant pre game promotion.

- Alumni relations that start the second a student chooses to become a Sycamore.

- Getting students to games what the F happened to the Forest.

- And yes even ticket prices, concession stand prices and offerings, etc.

All of this stuff and more is controllable - winning is not. If we keep waiting on a winning program to attempt to capitalize on fan support then it will likely ALWAYS come and go. We will never build a consistent winner.
    I agree on all of those points having an impact on attendance but we’re not going to average 7k per game because of any of those points. That’s why it starts with winning. You have to have those winning seasons to up attendance and then the points you listed will help maintain some of that attendance during the down years.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I want to start a new thread “Are ISU Fans Out Of Touch With Reality?”

We have the lowest basketball budget in the MVC with the lowest head coaching salary. We have the smallest endowment and I’m guessing the smallest overall athletic budget compared to other MVC schools with scholarship football —or close to it.

What should we as fans/alums/donors “realistically” expect given those limitations?

Thanks
    How many of the ISU students who never make it to the Hulman Center for a game never missed a high school home game. I'm guessing that most high school kids don't attend every game. Bad habits sometimes are hard to break. Could be continuation of a bad habit. Does anyone know what percentage of faculty ammvers attend games?
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Thanks
    How about giving students better seats like we had in the 70,s. Please no beers! I have been to sporting events where somebody gets drunk and stupid, using all kind of bad language and ruining the night for anyone around them!!
    Indiana State University

The real University of Indiana

A member of the Official "Old Farts Club"
    Past member of the "Mickey Mouse Club and Captin Jack"
    "They walk among us"

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    ive noticed declining numbers at high school football and basketball games. I see that at a bunch of levels. same with participation.

Edit: to clarify "levels" i mean all sizes of high schools 1A-7A (in illinois) I havent worked too many 8A schools
    Last edited by niklz62; 12-10-2018 at 02:14 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to niklz62 For This Useful Post: