Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokerZ View Post
    0%. He's far too short.

Don't get me wrong, I love him on our team. He'll have a nice career playing overseas if he so wishes, but the NBA will not be calling.
    IF...JB has an outstanding season next year, and if the Sycamores have an outstanding season next year, and if we go to at least the Sweet 16 next year...then I think he'd get a serious look by the NBA. But a lot of pieces would definitely have to fall into place.
    NO EXCUSES

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    Given Barnes' shooting ability, what are his chances at the NBA?
    -100%

On Saturday a similar sized guard in Darrell Brown went off for 32 on him Saturday. JB is maybe 160lbs and is continually pushed around on both ends of the floor. Bradley was so physical with him that he only manged to get off two three point attempts. The last time that happened? November 22, 2017 in route of Mo. St. Louis - he didn't play much.

Not to compare him to Steph Curry because it's not even fair - but he's the guy people always point to when they think about good shooters. People often forget that Steph Curry was like 6'3 180 in college and even he was considered too small for the NBA. Plus he has an incredibly quick release that doesn't require much breathing room to get his shot up.
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 777 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    IF...JB has an outstanding season next year, and if the Sycamores have an outstanding season next year, and if we go to at least the Sweet 16 next year...then I think he'd get a serious look by the NBA. But a lot of pieces would definitely have to fall into place.
    I really don't want this to sound like a knock on JB because it's not meant to be, but he's just too short. He's listed at 5'11", but what is he really...5'9" with shoes on? There are only 2 active NBA players that are 5'9"...Isaiah Thomas and Kay Felder. I suppose Thomas is a decent comp for JB, but he's by far the exception and not the rule.

I could see a stint in the G League, but that would be as far as I think he goes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post

Should break the barrier @home vs Missouri State

Key (477) just passed M. Walker (476) and E. Clemons (475) on the career list
    Rickman (361) just passed Arley Andrews (358); Andrews did it in one season, Rickman is in his 4th season
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Thanks
    Congrats to Barnes for joining the club, should be fun to watch him climb up the board!

Hopefully between being sick and being close to the 1k club it has been the reason for him being "off" the last few contests. Now he can sit back and play and do the things that we know that he is capable of. Congrats!
    NCAA: 1979, 2000, 2001, 2011------MVC XC Champs: 1996, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014

NIT: 1977, 1978, 2013, 2014--------MVC Indoor Champs: 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Final Four: 1979----------------------MVC Outdoor Champs: 1988, 1990, 1993, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

1,000 point members: 39

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Congrats to Barnes for joining the club, should be fun to watch him climb up the board!

Hopefully between being sick and being close to the 1k club it has been the reason for him being "off" the last few contests. Now he can sit back and play and do the things that we know that he is capable of. Congrats!

Barnes puts up 14 vs. Deadbirds; moves to #36 on the ISU Career Scoring list (1,057); trails Harry Morgan by 7 pts (1,064), Howard Dardeen by 17 (1,074) and Travis Inman by 24 (1,081)

pg 63: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...llyearbook.pdf

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q_iu View Post
    Barnes puts up 14 vs. Deadbirds; moves to #36 on the ISU Career Scoring list (1,057); trails Harry Morgan by 7 pts (1,064), Howard Dardeen by 17 (1,074) and Travis Inman by 24 (1,081)

pg 63: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...llyearbook.pdf

The way this squad is playing right now, it seems that individual achievement is of little significance. We simply need wins. Isn't my attitude wondersful?
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore Proud View Post
    The way this squad is playing right now, it seems that individual achievement is of little significance. We simply need wins. Isn't my attitude wondersful?

Agreed -- all individuals statistics should be banned from all team sports; only the score, personal fouls, penalties and the win/loss record should be tracked, annotated and / or totaled.

Legend
    Thanks
    Does Barnes finish his career as a Sycamore, or consider sitting out a year and transferring to a team that can not only win but get him a better shot at the NBA? Feels like a fair question considering how embarrassing ISU basketball has become.
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    Does Barnes finish his career as a Sycamore, or consider sitting out a year and transferring to a team that can not only win but get him a better shot at the NBA? Feels like a fair question considering how embarrassing ISU basketball has become.

Fair question deserves an honest answer.

You make him an innocent bystander. He is in fact a contribute to the problems you refer to. But even if you ignore that he will be back next year unless he xfoers down to play immediately.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!