Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,411 Times in 3,247 Posts

[January 2, 2019] Indiana State (8-4) at Loyola (7-6)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (8-4, 0-0) vs. Loyola Ramblers
    (7-6, 0-0)

Gentile Center - Chicago, IL
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019
    9:00 PM EST Tip
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks

Valley Play Commences Wednesday Night At Loyola

Indiana State Basketball begins the Missouri Valley Conference portion of the schedule on Wednesday, January 2 as they take on Loyola -- a team which advanced to the NCAA Final Four in 2018. Tip-off is set for 9:00 p.m. (ET) from the Gentile Arena, and will be televised on Fox Sports Indiana and Midwest as well as NBC Sports Chicago. The game will also be available on the Fox Sports Go app as well as ESPN+. The game will also be broadcast on WIBQ 97.9 FM as well as streamed (audio) on GoSycamores.com.

More...

Starter
    Thanks
    This is one of those games that I wouldn't be surprised if we won, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we lose.

Loyola seems to be a team that doesn't know how to score, but plays solid defense. This might sound like common sense, but if we can play good defense, limit our turnovers, and score then we should win. If we don't we still might have a chance depending on which Loyola team shows up. Turnovers might be the key, because you don't want to give teams easy baskets that struggle to score.

I haven't seen them play this year, but I am still leary of them just because they do have 3 starters back from a Final 4 team. I'm not sure why they are struggling on offense so much. I'm also going to assume that they will have a good crowd, which is something else we'll have to overcome.

Prediction: We fall short in a tough game; Loyola 64 ISU 59
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 12-31-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks
    don't forget the game doesn't start until 9pm. Why isn't Indiana on Central time??

https://www.tribstar.com/sports/loca...6d509bd6d.html
    Make State Great Again

Starter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    Why isn't Indiana on Central time??
    Because we don't want it to get dark at 4:30 in the afternoon. I feel bad for anyone that lives in Illinois in the winter time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sycamorefan96 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    don't forget the game doesn't start until 9pm. Why isn't Indiana on Central time??

https://www.tribstar.com/sports/loca...6d509bd6d.html

Ask Mitch Daniels... it was his fucked idea to force the state to observe DST
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 1,887 Posts
    I think we're like 6.5 point dogs which is ridiculous. Obviously these are the types of games you have to go on the road and win. If anyone has any positive momentum heading into the conference it's us and Drake. My gut tells me the Sycamores get beat but I'm not going to trust my gut.

Sycamores 63
    Ramble 61
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    I have three extra tickets to this game, free to anyone who wants them. Send me a private message.
    NO EXCUSES

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    I think we're like 6.5 point dogs which is ridiculous. Obviously these are the types of games you have to go on the road and win. If anyone has any positive momentum heading into the conference it's us and Drake. My gut tells me the Sycamores get beat but I'm not going to trust my gut.

Sycamores 63
    Ramble 61
    I think you have to win at least half of these types of games if you want a shot at winning the conference title. I fully expect Loyola to be in the top half if not battling at the top of the league when its all said and done. You need to go on the road and get 2 of the top 4/5 teams on their home floor and then hold home court against them all. This is a prime opportunity because a very important piece for them (Lucas Williamson) is still out. I think it speaks highly of what most of us think about our team though that the first game of the season is at the defending champs place and we still think it's about a coin flip.

Sycs-64
    Ramblers-62

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 777 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Getting myself up to speed on Loyola, and I'm not impressed. Their best non-con win is...Niagara? Maybe Richmond? Eliminating their exhibition and D2 games, they're 6-6 on the season. They've played probably the second toughest non-con (second to us), but did nothing with it other than losing to all of their decent opponents (and to UIC!!!). They're made up of the same guys you know...Custer, Townes and Krutwig. Those guys are as good as last year, but they don't have the help around them the did before. Basically, they very badly miss Donte Ingram and Ben Richardson, who were two very reliable all-around players.

I don't fear Loyola at all, but starting the conference season on the road is almost always a guaranteed loss...no matter the opponent. In order to win the MVC regular season title we need to hold court at home and find around 4 road wins. I unfortunately don't think this will be one of those. I'm optimistic by our play of late and think we'll compete well tonight, but I just don't like us traveling to start the conference schedule. That's doubly-true after just getting back from a long Hawaii trip. If we manage to steal this first one, I'll be very encouraged.

Loyola 68
    Trees 62
    Last edited by BrokerZ; 01-02-2019 at 01:09 PM.