Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Supporting Member
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I thought Clayton played well today. Had some really good hustle plays and was under the skin of a few of their players the whole second half. Im pretty sure the shove that happened in the handshake line had something to do with him. Started when Hughes blocked the shot out of their big guy.

He could be even more aggressive with his drives when we don’t have much working outside.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreBlue3209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,467 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreBlue3209 View Post
    I thought Clayton played well today. Had some really good hustle plays and was under the skin of a few of their players the whole second half. Im pretty sure the shove that happened in the handshake line had something to do with him. Started when Hughes blocked the shot out of their big guy.

He could be even more aggressive with his drives when we don’t have much working outside.
    He was much more into the game mentally. The last couple of games he seemed disconnected/sulking but today he had the fire back. When he brings that to the floor, he usually raises the team's energy level.

My issue with him is settling for the 3 --- it's the same thing we made mention last year and what Broker was talking about. He'll do the shot fake and then just kind of do nothing. IIRC, last year, when he went to the hoop, his 2FG% was damn near 70% so I'd love to see him mix that back in. Since he is sometimes playing the 4, he should be able to take his defender off the dribble.

Today, Key was playing that part. I noticed towards the end of the game when Hughes (I think) was on the line and the other guys were back right behind him above the 3 line, Key was all the way back at the other free throw line by himself with a defeated look on his face. They panned to him a couple times looking like that, too.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,246 Times in 783 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by sgower9 View Post
    Guess some of his passes actually ended up in the basket. We won in case you missed the end....
    Nope...watched the entire game beginning to end and I still stand by my statement. When he catches the ball on the perimeter he immediately puts the ball above his head like heís going for an overhead pass. It makes him easy to guard when he does that. He only has one realistic offensive option, and thatís to pass.

Overall, I think he played pretty well today, but if you want to mine the game threads for any criticisms of Hughes be my guest. Youíll find plenty from the Hawaii games.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrokerZ For This Useful Post: