Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by skdent1414 View Post
    And? So you are allowed to take the next game off?
    Why shulldn't he? Everyone else took the previous game off!

Sarcasm intended.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sycamore Proud For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That....I can’t argue with

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BallyPie View Post
    Neese......I don't know if it's the way he moves on the court....or the arm band he wears......but he kind of reminds me a little of Ron Baker.....now....he's got a long way to go to be Ron Baker.....but after just a few games, I think there is some potential there......seems to have a nose for the ball.....like rebounding..
    I tend to agree with the Baker comparrison and agree he's got a LONG way to go to be the basketball player that Baker was (obviously). I think the arm band, the way he moves and kind of his body language.

At the end of the day Neese will be judged on his ability to shoot the basketball and so far he hasn't shot it well at all. You gotta give him a chance to get things going but he's missing wide open looks.

As for his rebounding - I saw him leave his guy on the peremter a couple times to just go get a rebound. The problem with our guards rebounding is the teams have plenty of time to get back on transition D and we really don't get much going in the open court. Teams are pretty good about sending two back as soon as a shot misses to make sure transition O is nagated. When the guards have to rebound then you're not going to get much of a push. Pretty much everything Jason explained - just now reading his post.
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore Proud View Post
    Why shulldn't he? Everyone else took the previous game off!

Sarcasm intended.
    True. He owed them one. You guys take this game - I did everything the last game. Lol
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 777 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    At the end of the day Neese will be judged on his ability to shoot the basketball and so far he hasn't shot it well at all. You gotta give him a chance to get things going but he's missing wide open looks.
    I know this thread is about rebounding, but I did want to address Neese's shooting issues so far this season. I realize it takes some time to get your D1 feed underneath you, but he has really struggled.

I see a shooter with a slow release. He needs to be wide open or needs to use a really good shot fake to get off a good shot right now. He needs to get with JB in the gym so he can learn that quick release JB has become so good at utilizing. Bottom line, it doesn't look like Neese has gotten used to shooting the three with a defender in his face.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 795 Posts
    I am still in the camp of him being fine eventually. Ultra tough situation having to sit so long and then get your first taste of D1 ball in the middle of a season. Freshmen have adjustment periods and he's still learning where and how he can get good looks at this level. Unfortunately usually the only cure for that is to throw him out there and let him feel his way through it. Now I could argue he doesn't have to be out there as much as he is currently until he starts producing..

I will say The fearless mindset he has is one I am a fan of. He is not afraid to take big shots (see last game or the colorado game) and that is something that isn't for everyone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Southgrad07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southgrad07 View Post
    I am still in the camp of him being fine eventually. Ultra tough situation having to sit so long and then get your first taste of D1 ball in the middle of a season. Freshmen have adjustment periods and he's still learning where and how he can get good looks at this level. Unfortunately usually the only cure for that is to throw him out there and let him feel his way through it. Now I could argue he doesn't have to be out there as much as he is currently until he starts producing..

I will say The fearless mindset he has is one I am a fan of. He is not afraid to take big shots (see last game or the colorado game) and that is something that isn't for everyone.
    Nailed it.

You take the good with the bad - if a young kid is as fearless as he is and as gifted as he is then you have to let them play through some early struggles and hope he figures things out.

He was 0-7 last game until he hit that big 3 at the end. My only message to him would be - great shot - quit strutting and get your ass back on D. Your team just got beat by 35 last game aint you all aint looked much better today - get back on D.
    Roll Timber!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

All-American
    Thanks
    By the time he is a Junior, he will be the best player on the court. As far as his inability to shoot the three with a hand in his face. Well, he shouldn't put them up anyway. The open shots are the ones that will win the games for you. On most possessions someone on the team will have the opportunity to take an open shot. The opportunity may however get passed up and a tough shot becomes necessary.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sycamore tuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamore tuff View Post
    By the time he is a Junior, he will be the best player on the court. As far as his inability to shoot the three with a hand in his face. Well, he shouldn't put them up anyway. The open shots are the ones that will win the games for you. On most possessions someone on the team will have the opportunity to take an open shot. The opportunity may however get passed up and a tough shot becomes necessary.
    This is exactly the kind of a proclamation that has got us to where we are right now. Can we just hope he gets things figured on in the present and then we can worry about 2 years from now - 2 years from now. Have we not yet learned to make unnecessary predictions about player development?
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 777 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamore tuff View Post
    Shooters...real shooters...have to make tough shots. Rarely do you get a wide open look. Even if you do get open, there's usually a defender running at you or throwing a hand up in your face recovering on defense. You also have to be able to pull up in transition. He seems like a good set shooter, but we need to see him make transition jumpers and curl around a screen, catch and shoot (and make it!).