Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 819 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokerZ View Post
    Shooters...real shooters...have to make tough shots. Rarely do you get a wide open look. Even if you do get open, there's usually a defender running at you or throwing a hand up in your face recovering on defense. You also have to be able to pull up in transition. He seems like a good set shooter, but we need to see him make transition jumpers and curl around a screen, catch and shoot (and make it!).
    We need him to be Reggie Miller!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    We need him to be Reggie Miller!!!
    I'd setting for Jordan Printy right now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BrokerZ For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Shooters...real shooters...have to make tough shots. Rarely do you get a wide open look. Even if you do get open, there's usually a defender running at you or throwing a hand up in your face recovering on defense. You also have to be able to pull up in transition. He seems like a good set shooter, but we need to see him make transition jumpers and curl around a screen, catch and shoot (and make it!).
    SLOW DOWN!!!! He's a FRESHMAN!!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    This is exactly the kind of a proclamation that has got us to where we are right now. Can we just hope he gets things figured on in the present and then we can worry about 2 years from now - 2 years from now. Have we not yet learned to make unnecessary predictions about player development?
    "Unnecessary predictions"? Nothing wrong with projecting. I've done it all my life and it hasn't hurt anyone.
    Last edited by sycamorebacker; 01-07-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorebacker View Post
    "Unnecessary predictions"? Nothing wrong with projecting. I've done it all my life and it hasn't hurt anyone.
    By his Junior year he will be our best player is unnecessary when we've got a good class coming in behind him and you don't know what the future holds. A lot can change in 2 years - coaching change? He already transferred once, you think he wouldn't do it again? It's pointless. I mean sure we can have a bunch of people make those proclomations and then everyone can mope when it doesn't play out. Look, project all you want - I will sit here and tell you when I think it would be wise to chill on those projections/expectations.
    Roll Timber!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    By his Junior year he will be our best player is unnecessary when we've got a good class coming in behind him and you don't know what the future holds. A lot can change in 2 years - coaching change? He already transferred once, you think he wouldn't do it again? It's pointless. I mean sure we can have a bunch of people make those proclomations and then everyone can mope when it doesn't play out. Look, project all you want - I will sit here and tell you when I think it would be wise to chill on those projections/expectations.
    I agree, I thought it was a stretch. But all are welcome to state their opinion and predictions. I hope in 2 years, he is one of 7-8 quality players.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorebacker View Post
    SLOW DOWN!!!! He's a FRESHMAN!!
    I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself. I addressed his youth and inexperience in my first post on the topic. He still needs to work with JB and the coaches on learning that quick release.

I can't wait for every player to be a Senior before pointing out something that needs to be worked on.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself. I addressed his youth and inexperience in my first post on the topic. He still needs to work with JB and the coaches on learning that quick release.

I can't wait for every player to be a Senior before pointing out something that needs to be worked on.
    That's fine. As far as the "quick release" -- I'm not sure I remember too many players drastically changing their shot during their college years. I'm just looking forward to the day when we can count on him making 2-3 per game. If he can get "comfortable," I think he can complement our other outside shooters; and I think he appears to be able to handle and move well enough to create some shots and drives.