Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 995 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    I agree with Brokerz, and I think we win this game. Not because we should, or because we are better. ISU basketball always seems to level out shortly after a big swing. We get to high, and a game like Loyola happens. We start to get to low, and boom we have a game where everything we throw up goes in. I think this could be that type of game.

I wouldn't bet on us to win, but I will not be surprised at all based on prior year experiences where just when I think it is hopeless we play a great game.

Thanks

Indiana State Faces Road Test At Evansville Saturday Afternoon

Indiana State Basketball continues the Missouri Valley Conference slate on Saturday, January 12 as they travel to in-state rival Evansville. Tip-off is set for 2:00 p.m. (ET) from the Ford Center, and will be televised worldwide on ESPN3. The game will also be broadcast on WIBQ 97.9 FM as well as streamed (audio) on GoSycamores.com.

More...

Thanks
    Evansville has been drawing very good crowds for their home games this year, it will be interesting to see how many show up with the impending blizzard Saturday.

And if you haven't seen the Hill kid play for UE yet, he's very good, UE got a good pickup with him, I think he's already been on Sportscenter's top 10 list twice this season. The CHATKEVICIUS kid from Lithuania is also very good, I don't know that we have anyone who will be able to stop him.
    Make State Great Again

Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 995 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    Evansville has been drawing very good crowds for their home games this year, it will be interesting to see how many show up with the impending blizzard Saturday.
    A new coach with some promising early results will do that for a program.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluethunder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    BTW, the stats site is current if people forgot about it:

http://sycamorehoops.com/index.php

Lansing is now 142-132 overall, 85-37 at home, 39-72 on the road, 18-23 on neutral courts and 74-73 in conference play.

http://sycamorehoops.com/coaches.php

he's also
    90-10 when the Sycamores hold teams to 63 or fewer points; he's 12-8 all-time vs the Burple Aces and is 3-5 on the road vs Evansville

Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Starter
    Thanks
    Like him or not, he's more than likely going to be the coach at least until his contract expires. Maybe longer if ISU re-signs him. I guess we'll find out in a couple of years. He has what, 2 years left after this one?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,422 Times in 3,252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q_iu View Post
    he's also 90-10 when the Sycamores hold teams to 63 or fewer points; he's 12-8 all-time vs the Burple Aces and is 3-5 on the road vs Evansville

In doing some additional calculations, he is actually 2 games under .500 (at 130-132) against D1 opponents now as well.

He is 12-0 all-time against non-D1 opponents.

Here is his all-time records vs MVC opponents: http://www.sycamorehoops.com/opponents-mvc-all.php
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Yep....that storm is real and big...and it's going to mess up the roads and attendance for sure.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/na.../weather-radar
    a.k.a. The Blue MOSQUITO

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quick comment -- not sure if the old "great record when holding opponents under 60 (or 63)" has any real meaning. Just about every coach in the nation -- whether their great, just ok, or lousy probably has the same stat.
    When the team you're playing doesn't score much, you have a pretty decent chance of winning.
    kinda like saying "Lansing is a great coach when the opposing team doesn't play well" ……….dahhhhh ………

MVP
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I'm torn on this game. ISU has been struggling but they usually win a game like this when everyone counts them out. I'm going with ISU winning 69-63.