Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,315 Times in 3,191 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    If Kilpatrick can catch a ball, I'd move him to a small TE/big WR position. I dont think he is a running back but hell, why not. He could be a utility player. If he has really good speed, which I have no idea maybe he could play on the defense.

I doubt that the coaches will forget about him if he has the potential to be on the field.

Its sad we dont have an example of a QB that moved positions and excelled.
    Well he played receiver in HS and also played slot as well in JUCO so I don't see why not give him a shot. If I'm a senior, I'm trying to play anyhow I can.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore2021 View Post
    I really have no clue on any of it. Just speculation and the fact that he is talented and they will use him somehow. QB controversy? Highly unlikely. But having more than one good one is nice. Freshman transferred.
    Wilderman transferred?
    The Dude: I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man

Thanks
    If Kilpatrick can catch a ball, I'd move him to a small TE/big WR position. I dont think he is a running back but hell, why not. He could be a utility player. If he has really good speed, which I have no idea maybe he could play on the defense.

I doubt that the coaches will forget about him if he has the potential to be on the field.

Its sad we dont have an example of a QB that moved positions and excelled.
    What about Robert Tonyan?
    Make State Great Again

Role Player
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
    Wilderman transferred?
    McCormick

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    He was being sarcastic.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    He was being sarcastic.
    Yes, sorry it didnt come through.

Id hate to see all that talent go to waste. I'd also hate to see our backup qb go down so....I trust this staff and what they do with him.

Im looking forward to this season so much I might even get up at 3am(my time zone) to go watch a spring practice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ColumnsOf11 View Post
    McCormick
    Cause for concern? We're now down to Boyle, Kilpatrick and then both Wilderman and Haupert were walk-ons, right?

Seems like QB should be a high priority in the upcoming class.

Role Player
    Thanks
    Cause for concern? We're now down to Boyle, Kilpatrick and then both Wilderman and Haupert were walk-ons, right?

Not sure if McCormick would’ve ever played QB at ISU. Seemed like a good enough athlete to be a prime position change guy.

But yes, I’d have to imagine they bring in a JUCO guy or transfer of some sort. They basically have to.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 3ColumnsOf11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I suspect we will find someone after Boyle. hopefully we will be a spot someone wants to come if we cant develop a recruit. Im not concerned anymore than when any starter gets hurt. at our current level, I always assume our season is over anytime someone is helped off the field. I would have lost a lot of money if you told me we would lose the players we did and still won 7 games. I would have also lost a lot of money if you told me we would win 5 straight to get 7 wins and not make the playoffs. Yep still as mad as I was at 11am the day after the WIU game. Typing it even gave me a physical reaction.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to niklz62 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I suspect we will find someone after Boyle. hopefully we will be a spot someone wants to come if we cant develop a recruit. Im not concerned anymore than when any starter gets hurt. at our current level, I always assume our season is over anytime someone is helped off the field. I would have lost a lot of money if you told me we would lose the players we did and still won 7 games. I would have also lost a lot of money if you told me we would win 5 straight to get 7 wins and not make the playoffs. Yep still as mad as I was at 11am the day after the WIU game. Typing it even gave me a physical reaction.
    That is why it's a cause of concern for me. If you look at the mainstays in the Valley, they've continually developed QBs in house save for Illinois State and they have fallen off when they didn't get a big time transfer. If the goal is consistent playoff level football, we've got to be able to identify, recruit and retain FBS level quarterbacks and have more than one on the roster at all times.