Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

[February 5, 2019] Indiana State (11-11) vs Evansville (10-13)

Register to remove this advertisement

Indiana State Basketball is at home on Wednesday, February 6 as they host Evansville with tip-off set for 7:00 p.m. (ET) from Hulman Center. The game will be available on ESPN3 and will also be broadcast on WIBQ 97.9 FM as well as streamed (audio) on GoSycamores.com.

More...
    Last edited by ISUCC; 02-06-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks
    Nice one Jason!
    NO EXCUSES

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeTop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    Nice one Jason!
    Or maybe I should say ISUCC.
    NO EXCUSES

Legend
    Thanks
    The last time we had a winning record in February was - not surprisingly - the last time we had a winning season. That was back in 2014.
    Fear the Trees!

All-American
    Thanks
    Sad part is....we've got a team with enough talent to go 7-1 over the last 8 games......but the way we are playing, we could finish it 1-7.

would be kind of crazy to think we could get to 20 wins...but stranger things have happened......the rest of the schedule is favorable. If we win our next 3, who knows what can happen.

(just a die-hard and at times delusional Tree fan desperately trying to stay positive)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BallyPie For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 722 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BallyPie View Post
    Sad part is....we've got a team with enough talent to go 7-1 over the last 8 games......but the way we are playing, we could finish it 1-7.

would be kind of crazy to think we could get to 20 wins...but stranger things have happened......the rest of the schedule is favorable. If we win our next 3, who knows what can happen.

(just a die-hard and at times delusional Tree fan desperately trying to stay positive)
    I know what you mean.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BallyPie View Post

There's not too many of us left it seems. My dad often said "growing old ain't for sissiess Neither is being a true 'sycamore fan.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sycamore Proud For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    So as of pretty much right now, this thread is being populated only by us die-hards who don't just spout negativity on this board. Hello everyone! Let's enjoy this calm eye of the storm while it lasts.

Go State!
    NO EXCUSES

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    I was at the coaches' show on Monday discussing the ISU team situation with table mates. I described it as "Whack a Mole".

The maddening feature of this team is that it is something different every game. One time it is bad FT shooting, the next too many turnovers, the next the foul trouble for the big guys, the next (and several times along with one of the others) remarkably bad 3 Point Shooting from players expected to be much better, and often "Blew By You" defense on the perimeter.

Each issue is fixed for several games but one or more of the others pop up. The very fact that issues diminish for several games indicate that the problems are solvable which leads to a reasonable belief that the talent is adequate to win each time out.

So, as Winston Churchill once said, "I take up my task in buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men."

Given that all we are discussing is basketball, it ought to be a bit easier to maintain that buoyancy and hope.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DyedBlue For This Useful Post:

All-Conference
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Hopefully we win tonight. Evansville is just 1-9 in road games this season.