Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Thanks

Huge Layoff of Western IL U. Workorce

Register to remove this advertisement

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckhorn View Post
    I know little about KY but the situation at WIU and EIU is pretty bad. I think they have enrollments between 5k-7k

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    I know little about KY but the situation at WIU and EIU is pretty bad. I think they have enrollments between 5k-7k
    Knowing this, I can't help but wonder is SIU can fund all of the promises Kill has made about funding his search for a basketball coach. I know it's different schools, different state funding and , likely most importantly, different private funding. But still I wonder if he can ....
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sycamore Proud For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore Proud View Post
    Knowing this, I can't help but wonder is SIU can fund all of the promises Kill has made about funding his search for a basketball coach. I know it's different schools, different state funding and , likely most importantly, different private funding. But still I wonder if he can ....
    Id bet NO.

Thanks
    I had PM'ed Boda about a year ago (or more) in response to a similar thread with some information that i wasn't quite comfortable putting out on the forum at that time. Over a year and a half ago, i was in a meeting where there was a lengthy discussion on the possibility that EIU would be closed or significantly reduced in funding. Since many of the people in that meeting are no longer decision-makers or have left the interested companies I thought I'd throw it into the discussion. And since this obviously did not happen we can take the whole thing with a grain of salt, but the people in this meeting were in government relations for major organizations so I do believe there were legitimate reasons behind the discussion. Anyway, take it for what its worth.... old news.
    The Dude: I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
    I had PM'ed Boda about a year ago (or more) in response to a similar thread with some information that i wasn't quite comfortable putting out on the forum at that time. Over a year and a half ago, i was in a meeting where there was a lengthy discussion on the possibility that EIU would be closed or significantly reduced in funding. Since many of the people in that meeting are no longer decision-makers or have left the interested companies I thought I'd throw it into the discussion. And since this obviously did not happen we can take the whole thing with a grain of salt, but the people in this meeting were in government relations for major organizations so I do believe there were legitimate reasons behind the discussion. Anyway, take it for what its worth.... old news.
    I think there was a real chance without the budget being passed with a tax increase a couple years back they would have shut it down. That's probably why both local elected reps voted against their party to put it through. I think they will be fine until the state declares bankruptcy.