Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

NCAA/NIT/CIT/CBI Tournament thread

Register to remove this advertisement
    Who should be in, who shouldn't, who's gonna win, what upsets are we likely to see, and so on

I'll start

with St Mary's beating #1 Gonzaga tonight for the WCC title, does that steal IU's bid (if they were to beat Ohio State in the Big Ten tourney)

Will the SOCON get more than one team in? Will Belmont get an at large from the OVC?

LOTS of mediocre Power 6 schools hopefully will be left out in favor of mid majors who deserve to be in
    Last edited by ISUCC; 03-18-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    Make State Great Again

Starter
    Thanks
    North Dakota State just punched their ticket.

You actually have to go back to 2011 to find a school that wasn't an XDSU that won the Summit League tournament. SDSU has 5 in that time frame. NDSU now has 3. Two consistent programs. I know I just vouched for Murray State and Northern KY (mainly because they are both good and involve less travel), but I still shake my head that NDSU and SDSU have not been looked at more seriously. But congrats to a fellow MVFC school on making the big dance!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,719 Times in 1,025 Posts
    I think the SoCon will be a one bid league. Wofford is in and if UNCG had been more competitive with Wofford during the regular season and won once I think they would be in. They lost both regular season matchups by 30. Doesn’t help their cause.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    North Dakota State just punched their ticket.

You actually have to go back to 2011 to find a school that wasn't an XDSU that won the Summit League tournament. SDSU has 5 in that time frame. NDSU now has 3. Two consistent programs. I know I just vouched for Murray State and Northern KY (mainly because they are both good and involve less travel), but I still shake my head that NDSU and SDSU have not been looked at more seriously. But congrats to a fellow MVFC school on making the big dance!
    No seniors on the team this year either. Had some Injuries and adversity early, playing really good now which is nice to see with the youth, Summit is slowly building into a nice BBall league with the State schools bandng together

Gonna Pull the 16 seed this year im sure end up playing the Zags or UNC, but what the hell....young team making the Dance will give them much needed confidence and 1 more game to learn and get better
    Last edited by tjbison; 03-13-2019 at 03:28 PM.

All-American
    Thanks
    I still don't know why the member schools outside the P5,6,7 don't demand that the ncaa fix the inequalities that are in place. According to Prettyman they do what the member schools want.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,719 Times in 1,025 Posts
    IU loses for the second time to Ohio State. Lunardi had this as a play in game, whichever team won would be in, loser out.

IF IU makes it in, I will swear off the tourney for a long while.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluethunder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
    IU loses for the second time to Ohio State. Lunardi had this as a play in game, whichever team won would be in, loser out.

IF IU makes it in, I will swear off the tourney for a long while.
    I second that.
    a.k.a. The Blue MOSQUITO

Starter
    Thanks
    I know that I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'm kind of to the point where honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Division 1 basketball get split up into 1A and 1AA like in football. The whole selection process has become a joke and I don't even watch the NCAA tournament past the first weekend if there aren't any mid majors left. To me having a 64 team bracket of mid majors and low majors is way more exciting than a bracket with 40+ P6 programs and a lot of mid majors getting screwed out of a chance just because of conference affiliation.

And please. Ohio State and IU don't even deserve an NIT bid. 8-12 in conference play just means you suck, plain and simple. If they were capable of beating good teams consistently then they'd be over .500 in the B10.
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 03-14-2019 at 11:12 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sycamorefan96 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    I know that I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'm kind of to the point where honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Division 1 basketball get split up into 1A and 1AA like in football. The whole selection process has become a joke and I don't even watch the NCAA tournament past the first weekend if there aren't any mid majors left. To me having a 64 team bracket of mid majors and low majors is way more exciting than a bracket with 40+ P6 programs and a lot of mid majors getting screwed out of a chance just because of conference affiliation.

And please. Ohio State and IU don't even deserve an NIT bid. 8-12 in conference play just means you suck, plain and simple. If they were capable of beating good teams consistently then they'd be over .500 in the B10.
    I could live with that. I would also like to see the General Assembly force all state supported D1 (A and AA) play each other, possibly on a rotating basis.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sycamore Proud For This Useful Post:

Starter
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    VCU lost in the A10 tournament which means that more than likely the A10 will get 2 bids now.

Also San Diego State knocked off Nevada last night in the MWC semifinals. They play Utah State today who will be in the tournament regardless. If SDSU can pull off another upset today the MWC will be a 3 bid league.

Bowling Green plays Buffalo today. If BGSU can beat Buffalo a second time they will also steal a bid.

New Mexico State is 29-4 and plays Grand Canyon today. I would assume that if GCU wins, NMSU is in. I haven't heard anyone talk about the Aggies, but 29 wins is almost too many to realistically keep out I'd think.

UC Irvine is 29-5 going into their final tonight and I've heard no mention of them either. Maybe they will keep 29 win teams out?

Like I said mid majors just get screwed each year. It's hard to even be excited for the tournament anymore. They let in teams that have losing conference records, but keep teams out with 27 or 28 wins.
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 03-16-2019 at 09:07 AM.