Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Starter
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokerZ View Post
    Also, the students that were part of the case study had to have been almost forced to come up with changes. They were approached specifically on how to “improve” homecoming, so what were they supposed to do...tell Curtis it was great as is? Curtis purposely commissioned the study as backup for her own agenda and ideas. She needed the guise of an impartial student group to push her own agenda forward.

I really haven’t had an opinion about Curtis until the last couple of weeks, and it’s not positive. Lowering the standards for admission which lowers the value of my education as a whole, and crushing the ONE...THE ONE...somewhat fun and unique tradition at ISU in Homecoming has really showed me some of her true colors.

I can’t for the life of me figure out what exactly she’s trying to accomplish.
    And what about our Board of Trustees? Were they involved in this decision?

Thanks
    This could be a strategy to increase attendance like Eric Cartman used in the “Cartmanland” episode of South Park”

Thanks
    Anyone know how much Duke Bennett, Chief Shawn Keen, TH Chief of Police, Sheriff John Plasse (Vigo Co. Sheriff) or Lt Daniel L. Jones, Putnamville District Commander, ISP have played in the aforementioned changes?

Perhaps they collectively went to Dr Curtis and "encouraged" her to assist them in cleaning up the event?

Anyone know?
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,907 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q_iu View Post
    Anyone know how much Duke Bennett, Chief Shawn Keen, TH Chief of Police, Sheriff John Plasse (Vigo Co. Sheriff) or Lt Daniel L. Jones, Putnamville District Commander, ISP have played in the aforementioned changes?

Perhaps they collectively went to Dr Curtis and "encouraged" her to assist them in cleaning up the event?

Anyone know?
    I know that Duke, THPD and Vigo Co. Sheriff Office have been part of the process...
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,467 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    I know that Duke, THPD and Vigo Co. Sheriff Office have been part of the process...
    Man, if only would could have had this sort of State/TH cooperation on the Hulman Center project.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,907 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Man, if only would could have had this sort of State/TH cooperation on the Hulman Center project.
    Only when it supports the vision, goals and end game for Indiana State... Otherwise - they will just operate in a silo.
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    What these educated idiots don't think about is risking competition by the Greeks just meeting at there houses and organizations just meeting at a bar. ISU runs the risk of displacing Alumni across the city and not on campus property. Then interaction drops between organizations and people hunting for friends in other Fraternities, Sororities and organizations etc. Thus, in two to three years Homecoming will be only about a football game.My daughter did commit to ISU for Fall. A HUGE reason was homecoming tent city. She noticed how people knew each other and no one was a stranger. We went to Homecomings at Baylor and ISU and she felt ISU was more of a family gathering. We were able to hit the OX tent Gamma Phi tent then the School of Tech tent and Genetics tent etc. Having to many people at an event like this is a GREAT PROBLEM. Find a reasonable solution. Segregation,,, That trick doesn't work!

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    No one is going to go on campus and do that... the whole logic behind homecoming is that it’s part of the football game atmosphere and experience.

Here is the deal and I have no shame in admitting this - greek alumni make homecoming what it is. But you really have four groups of alumni that actually give a damn about Indiana State.

1. Those that are employed by Indiana State.

2. Greeks.

3. Former athletes.

4. People who still reside in Terre Haute area.

Most everyone who still gives a damn falls into one of those 4 groups. Greek alumni are a VERY big part of our history and the homecoming experience. Displacing those tents has a bigger impact on the alumni than it does the current students.
    As an SAE from the early to mid 70's, you won't get an argument out of me about how important Greeks are to ISU....my only comment about the past and current ISU presidents is this, they've been very friendly, cooperative and encouraging to our Chapter.

Dr. Benjamin was a friend to us, and so was Dr. Bradley. It was Dr. Bradley who helped us secure the last parcel of land that we needed to build our new fraternity house at 831 N. 5th St. https://saeindianastate.wixsite.com/sae-isu

And even though Dr. Curtis has made some difficult decisions about ISU Homecoming, she too is a friend to our Chapter. Indiana Sigma is celebrating its 50th year at INDIANA STATE, and Dr. Curtis is attending our three day celebration in October.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX See the May 6th date in this thread for Dr. Curtis's attendance for the October 25 - 27, 2019 event.

If the above FB link didn't work, just perform a search in FB for indiana sigma of sae to see the Dr. Curtis announcement.
    Last edited by Gotta Hav; 05-14-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    a.k.a. The Blue MOSQUITO