Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,467 Times in 3,276 Posts

SAT, ACT scores no longer required for admission to State

Register to remove this advertisement
    Applicants with a high school GPA below 2.5 will still be required to submit SAT and ACT scores, along with other requirements for conditional admission.

More...

Thanks
    I won't say the SAT/ACT score is the end all, be all but it definitely helps paint an overall picture of an applicant. I've seen tons of folks from poor school districts with super inflated GPAs that were absolutely clueless and poor students. Man, it feels like State is content with just going after low hanging fruit.

They wonder why it is a perpetual suitcase college with terrible retention rates and student life.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    I won't say the SAT/ACT score is the end all, be all but it definitely helps paint an overall picture of an applicant. I've seen tons of folks from poor school districts with super inflated GPAs that were absolutely clueless and poor students. Man, it feels like State is content with just going after low hanging fruit.

They wonder why it is a perpetual suitcase college with terrible retention rates and student life.
    This is an example of what I was talking about when I said Curtis seems intent on making ISU less than what it has been. It’s probably a perception thing as much as anything, but this won’t help the school’s reputation.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 803 Posts
    Damn..What good decision has she made in her short tenure here?

Starter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post

This is outrageous! Iíve been on many Alumni Scholarship selection committees and have also witnessed numerous applicants with inflated GPAs. Unfortunately, ISU feels a need to keep admitting kids ( I wonít say students) who only serve to bolster diversity percentages.
    Our reputation as a reputable institution of higher education is average at best.
    This latest decision will have adverse effects on the number of quality applicants and quality graduates in the future.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WOZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WOZ View Post
    This is outrageous! I’ve been on many Alumni Scholarship selection committees and have also witnessed numerous applicants with inflated GPAs. Unfortunately, ISU feels a need to keep admitting kids ( I won’t say students) who only serve to bolster diversity percentages.
    Our reputation as a reputable institution of higher education is average at best.
    This latest decision will have adverse effects on the number of quality applicants and quality graduates in the future.
    The sad thing is the Honors College and programming associated with it is really, really good and there is very little awareness about it within the state because of how little emphasis and marketing focus they put on it. They should be packing and expanding that program because I've seen first hand within the last year multiple kids that have come out of it and are doing great things professionally.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 782 Posts
    Unfortunately, the marginalization of Indiana State academics will force graduates to leave the state in order to realize the value of their degrees. The reputation of an ISU degree in and around Indiana will only get worse with these changes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BrokerZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokerZ View Post
    Unfortunately, the marginalization of Indiana State academics will force graduates to leave the state in order to realize the value of their degrees. The reputation of an ISU degree in and around Indiana will only get worse with these changes.
    100% agree. Which is sad because the School of Business has made major inroads in the last 5 or so years. We've become a decent feeder for Rolls Royce, for example, as quite a few recent grads (Tanner included) have interned and then got full time gigs there.

Starter
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    When she said ISU wasn't competing with IU and Purdue for students, she must've thought Ivy Tech was ISU's biggest competitor.