Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson0330 View Post
    Starting to question whether Hannahs can get the job done. He’s really underachieved in the post-season. They’re playing themselves out of an at-large and if history repeats itself they’ll flop out come tournament play in Normal. I see a team that has lost all confidence and has no identity. The most senior laden team and they haven’t learned their lesson. It’s an embarrassment quite frankly. If they have any competitive heart they’ll go out and take care of business and make their mark. If not it’s a massive failure for a team that should of won this league this year.
    We played a WEAK ASS early season schedule which is now coming back to bite us. Just another issue. It's nice to go "South," but make the trip MEANINGFUL.

All-American
    Thanks
    Well shit. Might not make the tourney after all

Thanks
    I think we'll still make the tournament. I also think we'll win this series.
    NO EXCUSES

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TreeTop For This Useful Post:

Starter
    Thanks
    Take this as you will, but from the most recent bracketology we are listed as a 2 seed in the L'ville region. I'd definitely take that. That is close enough that I would attend. This was made 2 days ago which was well after getting swept by DBU. This site does give the MVC 3 bids. DBU is a two seed and ILST is a 3 seed. https://d1baseball.com/projections/c...-of-64-may-15/

Also BaseballAmerica from their bracket 2 days ago has us as a 2 seed in the UCLA regional. They also have DBu as 2 seed and ILST as a 3 seed. https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...d-of-64-51519/

Also this site has Illinois State listed as a bubble team and no mention of us anywhere, which I'm guessing is a good thing. https://www.streakingthelawn.com/201...e-world-series

If we can win these next two, and win a couple in Normal, I think we have a good chance of making it. Whether we make it or not, it has been a great season. The good news is that our conference is ranked 6th, so losing to teams that are in the top half of the conference doesn't hurt us as much, since our conference is pretty good this year. I don't know if we'll make it or not, but right now the bracketologists seem to like us okay. I do agree that we need to start winning though so we don't give anyone any reasons not to like us.
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 05-17-2019 at 11:39 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sycamorefan96 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ISU tap this keg for NEXT season?

https://www.courierpress.com/story/s...ns/3665652002/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Sycamores bounce back with a 12-8 victory. Pitching was solid until the 6th. Gave up all 8 runs in the last four innings. Braves scores at least one run in the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th.

But,......a win is a win is a win. And we needed the win

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluethunder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Huntley Goes for Three Doubles as Sycamores Even Series with Bradley

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Indiana State baseball snapped a four-game losing streak and evened its weekend series with Bradley following a 12-8 victory over the Braves Friday night at Bob Warn Field. With the win, ISU moved into third-place in the Missouri Valley Conference standings and clinched a top-four finish, avoiding any play-in games in the MVC Tournament next week in Normal.

More...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
    Sycamores bounce back with a 12-8 victory. Pitching was solid until the 6th. Gave up all 8 runs in the last four innings. Braves scores at least one run in the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th.

But,......a win is a win is a win. And we needed the win
    Bradley defense made some brain-dead plays throughout this whole game, which is why Hannahs must integrate "diversity" (there's a collegiate concept if there ever was one) into his game plan/strategy(s). College players MIGHT look good in "warmup drills," but turn the gas burner on medium high, and they start to fry!

Huntley finally "got his shit together"...we'll see if consistency surfaces v. the bottom of Bradley's P-staff today. With ISU also grasping for "throwing arms," kids outa be camping in the graveyard today to catch those "flying pearls."

Take your guesses re: today's MVC:

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019...issouri-Valley

My guestimate is that UE by virtue of sweeping Bradley in Peoria early-season, be given the #4 spot if ISU defeats Bradley today. We'll be #3 if both DBU & IL ST win.

If we LOSE today, Bradley will get the #3 card & ISU will squeeze the #4 while tied w/ UE. Since we won the series @ UE, we'd get the upper hand.

I project both DBU & IL St wins today.
    Last edited by Buckhorn; 05-18-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Starter
    Thanks
    The first sign of a pitcher beginning to struggle we need to start warming someone up ASAP. When your pitcher gives up a HR, walks a guy, and then throws a ball in the dirt that's usually a good sign. Letting him struggle for a few more batters after that before warming someone up just doesn't make any sense. We basically gave them 3 of those 4 runs in the 6th. Lucky for us Bradley basically gift wrapped us the game with all of their throwing errors.

I also saw that when Bradley gets a HR, the player that hit it, puts on a home run sombrero for hitting it over "the wall" as they approach the dug out. That might be about the funniest thing I've seen this season to be honest.

Thanks

Wright Earns Spot on Google Cloud Academic All-District Team

Register to remove this advertisement

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Indiana State junior Max Wright was recognized for his success on the field and in the classroom on Thursday (May 9) as he was named to the 2019 Google Cloud Academic All-District Team selected by CoSIDA.

More...