Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    I'm just happy that we only have one D2 game. I can live with that. NDSU will be an interesting game and I am happy to see them on the schedule. I wouldn't mind playing some of the other Dakota schools too. Tennessee State is also a nice add and I think we should schedule more OVC schools. As long as Chicago State is open I wouldn't mind seeing us continue to schedule them. All in all I'm pretty happy with this schedule.

Are we going to have an exhibition game this season? If the Hulman Center doesn't open until after Thanksgiving maybe we can play at RHIT this year?
    I suspect this schedule is not done, if you note, we have a large gap between 12/3 and 12/18, and we have only scheduled 11 non conference games, whereas most teams schedule 13. We do have the game at Wright State in between there too, but we've got room for 1-2 more games in there

So, look for 1-2 more home games to be added in there vs D2/D3/NAIA type schools.
    Make State Great Again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPSFAN View Post
    Especially the last two games listed, Tenn. St. 9-21 last year & Chicago St. 3-29. Hope we bought 'em & not a home-home.

Chicago State had Illinois State beat until the very end last year, at Illinois State, so that will be a tough game for us. There are no gimmies on our schedule this next season.
    Make State Great Again

All-American
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    I suspect this schedule is not done, if you note, we have a large gap between 12/3 and 12/18, and we have only scheduled 11 non conference games, whereas most teams schedule 13. We do have the game at Wright State in between there too, but we've got room for 1-2 more games in there

So, look for 1-2 more home games to be added in there vs D2/D3/NAIA type schools.

I sure hope not. That would not help our image as a Division I Program

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 801 Posts
    Based on how hard it is to schedule as a mid-major, I think ISU did a fantastic job. We're playing in a holiday tournament, playing other mid-major schools in our general geographic area, and we've scheduled a tough high-major opponent.

This schedule should be a good tuneup for the conference season.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrokerZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 Times in 3,325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post

It would be one game max I'd imagine. We routinely have 12 non-conference games and I'm counting 11. When is finals week?

My guess is you'll likely see them schedule a D2 on Tuesday, 12/10 if they are unable to get anyone of value to come into town.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 801 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    It would be one game max I'd imagine. We routinely have 12 non-conference games and I'm counting 11. When is finals week?

My guess is you'll likely see them schedule a D2 on Tuesday, 12/10 if they are unable to get anyone of value to come into town.
    Final exams this year are 12/9 - 12/13.

Thanks

2019 Junkanoo Jam Game & Travel Information

Register to remove this advertisement

Four Division-I men's basketball teams will compete in the 2019 Junkanoo Jam, Nov. 21-24 at Gateway Christian Academy, tournament organizers announced Thursday. The field includes Air Force, Duquesne, Indiana State and Loyola Marymount. Teams will play a round robin tournament with a crowning of a champion at the end with the best record. All games will stream live at www.flohoops.com.

More...