Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

'21 IN SG Lincoln Hale (1-2-2020)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Shooting Guard
    Linton (IN) Linton HS
    AAU: Indy Gym Rats

Ht: 6'3"

Last edited by Jason Svoboda; 06-14-2019 at 02:51 AM.

Legend
    Scouting report on this guy?

Interesting that he offers right after Pack and Saunders commit. Maybe we'll come out ahead on this. Hale has 3 years to work on his game and mature.
    Last edited by sycamorebacker; 06-13-2019 at 03:14 PM.

This kid played the tail end of the season hurt. Still was the leading scorer on the state runner up Linton team this year. He definitely needs to get stronger and quicker to play at the next level. He has some time. He shoots it well from the games I watched but also gets to the basket. He has some length for the guard position. He has a tough time defensively against quicker and stronger guards.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Lansing was in to watch him at the Classic yesterday evening. I wasn't at the game but saw on Twitter he had a nice dunk and some how got T'd up.

I'm not sure where this kids game is at as far as next level and how much he improved from last year. He does seem to be pretty under the radar - does he have any other offers to speak of? I think he's just a JR so being local and in on him early could be good thing if he continues to develop.
    Last edited by SycamoreStateofMind; 12-28-2019 at 08:07 AM.
    Roll Timber!

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    Lansing was in to watch him at the Classic yesterday evening. I wasn't at the game but saw on Twitter he had a nice dunk and some how got T'd up.

I'm not sure where this kids game is at as far as next level and how much he improved from last year. He does seem to be pretty under the radar - does he have any other offers to speak of? I think he's just a JR so being local and in on him early could be good thing if he continues to develop.
    Twitter - H.S. Coach offers his analysis on
    @lincolnhale_15
    , including the latest in his recruitment. "Indiana State, Fla Atlantic New Orleans, Ball St, Toledo, MiamiOH, CentMichigan, Vermont, Austin Peay stood out" of 20-plus interested.
    When I was a player, I didn't expect my teammates to play the way I did. I did expect them to work hard every day and get better. Ė Larry Bird

Verbal Commits only has him with an offer from us. I don't have to tell any of you that it generally isn't a good sign.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Verbal Commits only has him with an offer from us. I don't have to tell any of you that it generally isn't a good sign.
    Probably true, but i wonder how many offers our current players had when they were JR's.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    I talked to a person I consider knowledgeable hoops fan and he said he thinks Hale is the real deal. He said he handles the ball well and can score in a variety of ways but is pretty good at this level going downhill... Again - I just donít know enough about him to form an opinion.
    Roll Timber!

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    I talked to a person I consider knowledgeable hoops fan and he said he thinks Hale is the real deal. He said he handles the ball well and can score in a variety of ways but is pretty good at this level going downhill... Again - I just don’t know enough about him to form an opinion.
    Rhett Smith was the real deal, too. Until you put him up against big time competition.

The reality is that these kids now have the ability to be in front of thousands of college coaches several hundred times before they're able to get offered and then another multiple of that once they can officially receive offers. I cannot find a single AAU recap or article on him or his team. Now, I'm not saying AAU success is the best factor in determining college success but it is where these kids get college-level competition. So when you can't find any recaps combined with the fact that the hundreds of college coaches he has sat in front of hasn't offered tells me that most don't feel that he is a D1 prospect. Now, not saying he couldn't turn into one (JO) but aggregate statistics saying the odds are low.

It would be one thing if we were just rolling at a program and you had the leeway to take a flier but Lansing isn't in that position and we're at the spot where it finally feels like we've got a solid 3-4 year window. You have to shoot for the stars IMO, not take risks. If we can't find one of the better MM prospects in Indiana or Iowa salivating to play with Tre and Jake, we never will be able to.

Something to consider. Look at the concerns about Luke Brown -- lower level comp, smaller frame, so-so AAU performance and he's still got nearly double digit offers because he can fill it up.
    Last edited by Jason Svoboda; 12-28-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorebacker View Post
    Probably true, but i wonder how many offers our current players had when they were JR's.
    This is simply going off memory, but I'd say the average is between 4-8 known offers.