Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,606 Times in 3,366 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    I've only had two bad experiences dealing with opposing fan bases in person and both were at the MVC tournament we won.

The first was a group of Wichita State fans walking through the basketball team pep rally/send off at the hotel asking if anyone wanted to sell their tickets as we wouldn't be needing them after today. I'd usually dismiss something like that based on our performance, but they were more mature (sic: old as dirt) and only classy people would have that sort of timing.

Second, every time we interfaced with Missouri State students during the tournament they scoffed and talked down about State. Made wiping their ass off the floor that much sweeter.

IIRC, a Sycamore fan got into a fight outside the arena that year with a Creighton fan. Not sure of the specifics, but someone was on the ground knocked out.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    I actually like EIU fans and EIU in general. In fact I actually go to most of their home games in football, basketball, and baseball; whenever ISU isn't playing. They are solidly my second favorite school and I even cheer for them when they play other MVC schools (besides ours of course). I basically follow ISU, EIU, MV(F)C and the OVC in that order and don't even bother following anyone else anymore.
    I dont mean they were horrible people or anything. the majority of my friends over here are connected to EIU. My inlaws and their huge family are all boosters but not big enough fans to have perspective past their schedule. I took a lot of shit for about 2 hours last season....pregame until about halfway through the 2nd qtr. ironically nobody said much after halftime. the loss the season before was pretty bad too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,750 Times in 1,043 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    I've only had two bad experiences dealing with opposing fan bases in person and both were at the MVC tournament we won.

The first was a group of Wichita State fans walking through the basketball team pep rally/send off at the hotel asking if anyone wanted to sell their tickets as we wouldn't be needing them after today. I'd usually dismiss something like that based on our performance, but they were more mature (sic: old as dirt) and only classy people would have that sort of timing.

Second, every time we interfaced with Missouri State students during the tournament they scoffed and talked down about State. Made wiping their ass off the floor that much sweeter.

IIRC, a Sycamore fan got into a fight outside the arena that year with a Creighton fan. Not sure of the specifics, but someone was on the ground knocked out.
    I do not condone violence in any way, shape or form. Adults should be adults and not resort to fighting in pretty much any situation.

All that being said, someone please tell me the State fan wasn't the one knocked out. Hate to hear that some preppy, mouthy fan from creighton could actually fight.