Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Mens Basketball Summer Practice Videos

Register to remove this advertisement
    Here are the most updated videos, posted over the past two days...

NO EXCUSES

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TreeTop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    NO EXCUSES

Thanks
    NO EXCUSES

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TreeTop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I like what they are saying in all these videos---improvement, different culture, guys are in the gym.

I just want that to result in more W's and more butts in the seats.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,565 Times in 3,339 Posts
    In that last video, Key was being defended by Tre Williams and he stuck with him. Considering they pegged him as an undersized 4, looks like he has quite a bit of athleticism as he didn't shake him.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Legend
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    In that last video, Key was being defended by Tre Williams and he stuck with him. Considering they pegged him as an undersized 4, looks like he has quite a bit of athleticism as he didn't shake him.
    I watched several old videos of Williams and he seems pretty quick and has a quick jump for 240.

All-Conference
    Thanks
    ISU basketball on Sycamore Pride in a nutshell:

1) We're getting good recruits. Can't wait for the season.
    2) We're practicing and look good. They really want to improve this year. Just Listen!
    3) We play RHIT in the exhibition game. Win by 30 or 40. Everyone thinks we're going to be great.
    4) We do fairly good in non conference, beat a P5 school, everyone thinks we're going to be title contenders.
    5) We get to MVC play and get blown out by someone.
    6) A few weeks later everyone just wants to stay out of Thursday. The Fire Lansing posts start showing up again.
    7) We get blown out in St Louis.
    8) "But we're going to be good next year. We have a lot of talent coming back."

I'm sorry, but I just can't get excited for basketball like a lot of you guys can. I try to go to all of the games I can and I will support this school until the end, but until we actually start winning I pretty much expect us to win less than 15 games a year. I just get tired of getting let down every year.

I honestly don't expect much from our incoming freshman players because they are freshman. Williams was just lazy and I wasn't that impressed. I think Key wants it, so I'm not concerned about him. Kessinger is our big guy now which makes me somewhat nervous. Barnes will be fine. The flu really screws you up. I know, because I got it during a basketball season and I was never the same the rest of that season. Neese should be good if he can stay in class. The guy from UMES I honestly don't know anything about. The only thing I know is that the MEAC is consistently the next to worst conference every season in D1 (ahead of only the SWAC). So I'm just not that optimistic. Hopefully we are as good as everyone seems to think we will be, but I'm just not counting on it. I've seen this show too many times.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sycamorefan96 For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,946 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    ISU basketball on Sycamore Pride in a nutshell:

1) We're getting good recruits. Can't wait for the season.
    2) We're practicing and look good. They really want to improve this year. Just Listen!
    3) We play RHIT in the exhibition game. Win by 30 or 40. Everyone thinks we're going to be great.
    4) We do fairly good in non conference, beat a P5 school, everyone thinks we're going to be title contenders.
    5) We get to MVC play and get blown out by someone.
    6) A few weeks later everyone just wants to stay out of Thursday. The Fire Lansing posts start showing up again.
    7) We get blown out in St Louis.
    8) "But we're going to be good next year. We have a lot of talent coming back."

I'm sorry, but I just can't get excited for basketball like a lot of you guys can. I try to go to all of the games I can and I will support this school until the end, but until we actually start winning I pretty much expect us to win less than 15 games a year. I just get tired of getting let down every year.

I honestly don't expect much from our incoming freshman players because they are freshman. Williams was just lazy and I wasn't that impressed. I think Key wants it, so I'm not concerned about him. Kessinger is our big guy now which makes me somewhat nervous. Barnes will be fine. The flu really screws you up. I know, because I got it during a basketball season and I was never the same the rest of that season. Neese should be good if he can stay in class. The guy from UMES I honestly don't know anything about. The only thing I know is that the MEAC is consistently the next to worst conference every season in D1 (ahead of only the SWAC). So I'm just not that optimistic. Hopefully we are as good as everyone seems to think we will be, but I'm just not counting on it. I've seen this show too many times.
    1. Shame on people for being optimistic about the recruiting class. How dare you all look forward and not back at how miserable we've been. If you came on here looking for an award for not buying into any "hype" (although it's been pretty low key if you ask me) then let me be the first to crown you! Congratulations - well done sir.

2. Every team in the NCAA wants to improve from one year to the next save for maybe one or two teams that made the National Title Game. Perhaps they have a different message and different "talking points" (ha) - but what do you want our guys to say??

3. Far reach here... Anyone who gets excited prior to Rose or after Rose needs a mental health evaluation. I think the majority of people here are knowledgeable enough sports fan to know that game means very little. Sure some fans are more optimistic than others - we've got a decent balance here usually those folks get called out.

4. Based on some of our past efforts in the non-conference I think the optimism many of us on this forum shared was fair?? We're just fans - you judge your expectations based on results. At times Lansing teams have had a decent run out of the gate. It's far better than no run at all.

5. Reasonable gripe here! Lansing teams get the living shit beat out of them far too often. Historically once his teams get punched in the mouth they run and hide like a whipped pup rather than punch back. That's pretty easy for the rest of the conference to exploit.

6. The majority of the teams in conference find themselves as part of the Thursday discussion at some point during the season. It's a big deal because you're not going to win 4 games in 5 days or whatever it amounts to. It's never been done. As for the "Fire (insert any coach name) fans" - every fan base has those fans. If that is how they operate - you're not going to change them. They will certainly be back - just give it a few days/seconds. Wait for that inevitable bad loss - they will run to the keyboard so fast to excitedly plea for him to be fired. Such a good look! I'm convinced we have a handful of fans that would rather us lose if it means they get to be right - sound off about how pathetic Lansing is and will enjoy watching him get canned.

7. Again. Fair beef here. I can't explain how these guys just don't fight for everything in St. Louis. If Indiana State is going to win in March they're going to have to recommit to being a physical/defensive team. We've been a pretty easy team to play agains the last several years - a lot of that has to do with roster make-up, poor leadership (top to bottom) and weak minded players.

8. What do you want people to say?? If you're still down and reeling about past seasons I can pretty much bet you & others are actually not setting yourself up for disappointment (you're already disappointed) but setting yourself up for a meltdown. You're not going to get on here and convince me and others not to be optimistic. This is college sports - players come and ago - we always look forward to next season no matter what.
    Last edited by SycamoreStateofMind; 08-04-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Roll Timber!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Legend
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreBlue3209 View Post