Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Maybe I should follow a team I don't care about. That way, I won't get excited or disappointed. Thrilling!

I think some of the posters on here should follow a team that always wins and plays at 100% of potential every night. Then you could be happy. You could root for Duke. Their fans are never disappointed.
    Last edited by sycamorebacker; 08-04-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Starter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    ISU basketball on Sycamore Pride in a nutshell:

2) We're practicing and look good. They really want to improve this year. Just Listen!.
    My concern is that we have looked good in practice because our depth hasnít always been that good.
    Our first string offense going against second stringers hasnít really been challenging.
    And when I look at these current videos I really donít see tough, physical defense again.
    Instead of being tougher I see Kissinger continue to flop, as an example.

So when the season starts, and our offense is full of confidence, and we have trouble scoring against better defensive competition, our guys become bewildered and frustrated and their confidence takes a blow.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,301 Times in 1,926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WOZ View Post
    My concern is that we have looked good in practice because our depth hasnít always been that good.
    Our first string offense going against second stringers hasnít really been challenging.
    And when I look at these current videos I really donít see tough, physical defense again.
    Instead of being tougher I see Kissinger continue to flop, as an example.

So when the season starts, and our offense is full of confidence, and we have trouble scoring against better defensive competition, our guys become bewildered and frustrated and their confidence takes a blow.
    This. I have always thought that Lansing attempts to simulate ďgame like scenariosĒ in practice but he missea the mark in doing so. I think his guys in the past have been able to get away with entirely too much and they get exploited in games...

BUT itís a highlight video - theyíre only showing the scores in most cases or the best Def plays in other cases. It canít be taken as a real negative or positive - itís simply a hype video for the start of the season. Nothing more. Nothing less.
    Roll Timber!

Legend
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    ISU basketball on Sycamore Pride in a nutshell:

1) We're getting good recruits. Can't wait for the season.
    2) We're practicing and look good. They really want to improve this year. Just Listen!
    3) We play RHIT in the exhibition game. Win by 30 or 40. Everyone thinks we're going to be great.
    4) We do fairly good in non conference, beat a P5 school, everyone thinks we're going to be title contenders.
    5) We get to MVC play and get blown out by someone.
    6) A few weeks later everyone just wants to stay out of Thursday. The Fire Lansing posts start showing up again.
    7) We get blown out in St Louis.
    8) "But we're going to be good next year. We have a lot of talent coming back."
    That's pretty accurate. Yes, I expect people to be hopeful for a good team, good season, but after so many failed seasons in a row, also skeptical. Hopefully this year we have the "magical" alignment of talent and character to overcome the pitfalls that have held us back for several seasons now.
    Fear the Trees!