Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Supporting Member
    Thanks

2019 MVC BBall Coaching Salaries article

Register to remove this advertisement
    We’re dead last in every category....again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.new...amp/1407908001

Thanks
    And WTF has GL done to change that? He's provided us FIVE LOSING seasons in a row, that's what he's done. And we're now staring down the face of six losing seasons in a row, if not more after that.

We are also in this position because not one other coach since the Bird era has done anything to create a year in and year out winning culture. As soon as there is winning streak with NCCA Tournament results, the money will come in somehow for a big salary...until then...the subject of where ISU compares to others in the MVC is just irrelevant.
    a.k.a. The Blue MOSQUITO

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gotta Hav For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotta Hav View Post
    And WTF has GL done to change that? He's provided us FIVE LOSING seasons in a row, that's what he's done. And we're now staring down the face of six losing seasons in a row, if not more after that.

We are also in this position because not one other coach since the Bird era has done anything to create a year in and year out winning culture. As soon as there is winning streak with NCCA Tournament results, the money will come in somehow for a big salary...until then...the subject of where ISU compares to others in the MVC is just irrelevant.

JMO but I think it’s the MOST relevant thing related to ISU basketball right now. “Here’s the lowest budget in the MVC and lowest coaching salary pool—now go get to the NCAA tournament.” It just does not compute.

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    It’s exactly what it is. Irrelevant and has nothing too do with coaching I.Q. and know how. If your truly a master of your craft than dollars and cents have nothing to do with. Next time your on the golf course with King Crispy Creme ask if he concurs Hooper.

Your time here has run out G.L. You may like Terre Haute, but Terre Haute doesn’t like you. Lesson learned. Don’t hire a husband and wife to run your Athletic Program into oblivion. You see what comes from it and the conflict of interest it creates. Ol’ A.L. really smoothed one over on Prettyman with the rollover handicap and it’s reaping what it’s sewed.

There’s one certainty. There’s ZERO entertainment value come tip-off. Just look at the stands. If he was worth watching we’d come, but quite frankly his style of coaching doesn’t warrant another dollar from me. It’ll go to Mallory and Hannah’s. They’re respected amongst their peers and players abroad. You can’t put a price on passion, which he’ll never exude.

As they say, “If you built it they will come.” End Quote
    Last edited by Jackson0330; 08-04-2019 at 10:38 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson0330 For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,301 Times in 1,926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson0330 View Post
    It’s exactly what it is. Irrelevant and has nothing too do with coaching I.Q. and know how. If your truly a master of your craft than dollars and cents have nothing to do with. Next time your on the golf course with King Crispy Creme ask if he concurs Hooper.

Your time here has run out G.L. You may like Terre Haute, but Terre Haute doesn’t like you. Lesson learned. Don’t hire a husband and wife to run your Athletic Program into oblivion. You see what comes from it and the conflict of interest it creates. Ol’ A.L. really smoothed one over on Prettyman with the rollover handicap and it’s reaping what it’s sewed.

There’s one certainty. There’s ZERO entertainment value come tip-off. Just look at the stands. If he was worth watching we’d come, but quite frankly his style of coaching doesn’t warrant another dollar from me. It’ll go to Mallory and Hannah’s. They’re respected amongst their peers and players abroad. You can’t put a price on passion, which he’ll never exude.

As they say, “If you built it they will come.” End Quote
    But yet - his time hasn't run out yet and he's still here because why?? Because the irrelevant money situation you talk about. The irony of this is that if we had the money he probably wouldn't be here but we don't have the freaking money... So the money might or might not be irrelevant in the context you all are suggesting but once again in the grand scheme of things it's more relevant than ever before...

As for this unnecessary stab; "Your time here has run out G.L. You may like Terre Haute, but Terre Haute doesn't like you." We've got no place for you or anyone else on here to spew hate - if you don't like him as a coach and want him gone (for the 100th time I'm good with that). But you're not going to come on here like it's elementary school or something and throw around hateful rhetoric. This isn't that place. This isn't Southern IL fan boy forum. When/if Lansing tenure is up after this year this forum is not going into complete meltdown mode - it's not going to be tolerated or Jason will just shut it down I can assure you. It's never been that place so don't even try to turn it into that now.

Not only was it uncalled for - it's really untrue. A lot of Terre Haute (myself included) likes Lansing and still standing behind him. I've had my differences with him during his time here - very intense differences and frustrations! I've e-mailed past Athletic Directors about my frustrations and I've vented to him face to face at times. But you don't speak for anyone other than yourself and maybe a handful of other people when you suggest that "Terre Haute doesn't like you" Lansing... That's just you're own personal hate coming out - and you have to deal with that! End Post.
    Last edited by SycamoreStateofMind; 08-05-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    Roll Timber!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 869 Posts
    It's football season, we have a team that is actually expected to do something this year, and most of the posting is about the basketball coach. Focus, people. Focus...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyTreeFan For This Useful Post:

Legend
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    We’re dead last in every category....again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.new...amp/1407908001
    I wouldn't expect the pay to change while Lansing is still under his old rollover contract. I wouldn't expect the university to say, for example, "Hey, we want to pay you and your staff more money while we're waiting on your contract to expire so we can hire someone else." If the university is going to commit more money to basketball coaching salaries, it's not going to happen right now.
    Fear the Trees!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bent20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,509 Times in 3,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    It's football season, we have a team that is actually expected to do something this year, and most of the posting is about the basketball coach. Focus, people. Focus...
    Some would say that says something itself.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Some would say that says something itself.
    Yes. That most people would rather bitch about something than be positive, even where positivity has been earned! But I get your point...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,509 Times in 3,299 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    Yes. That most people would rather bitch about something than be positive, even where positivity has been earned! But I get your point...
    I don't think people are bitching personally. I think a lot of us are adults and realize that if we want to have particular experiences or live a particular lifestyle, it costs to play that game and make it happen. Want to drive a BMW instead of a Civic? There is a cost associated with that. Want to live in a nice home instead of renting an apartment? There is a cost associated with that. Or make the same parallels to your business.

There is enough data that shows college athletics are no different. When this topic is brought up, it instantly lasers in on Lansing but as Twitch has said, if we were funded appropriately, we'd have moved on from him. You could also easily say we'd have never lost McKenna if he would have been given proper funding so essentially coming full circle, the lack of funding led us to hiring Lansing on the cheap. And as much as people don't like to hear it, despite all of this, Lansing has been one of the programs best historical coaches so that really has to twist the knife a bit deeper.

As for football, here we are with what looks like a great team on the horizon and there is absolute crickets. Not just on here, but on social platforms outside of the program, players or the family members themselves. We've brainstormed it in the past and it remains an issue -- how do you get football to move the needle at Indiana State? If anyone wants to get that discussion going over in the FB sub, by all means start it and we can revisit.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post: