Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    I appreciate you guys wanting to keep things realistic, but if we want things to change with football at state you damn well better hope we can compete in this game and maybe win. Yes, they competed well at times last year. They also started the season with a loss to Nicholls State, which turned around and lost it's next two games to Tulane and McNeese State.
    I didn't realize that Lansing had a brother coaching football at Nicholls State. Hmmm.

Anyway, anything is possible, and I believe that if there ever was a time for an Indiana State Football team to beat a P5 school; it's this game with these players and these coaches.

Bookie wise...depending on where you look, they are giving us a 14% to 17% chance to win...the only thing I don't want to see if it's competitive is for the referees to steal the game from us, like they did in our game against IU in 2012. GO STATE!!!
    a.k.a. The Blue MOSQUITO

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotta Hav View Post
    I didn't realize that Lansing had a brother coaching football at Nicholls State. Hmmm.

Anyway, anything is possible, and I believe that if there ever was a time for an Indiana State Football team to beat a P5 school; it's this game with these players and these coaches.

Bookie wise...depending on where you look, they are giving us a 14% to 17% chance to win...the only thing I don't want to see if it's competitive is for the referees to steal the game from us, like they did in our game against IU in 2012. GO STATE!!!
    We will definitely be playing not only Kansas, but also the zebras.

Thanks
    if we play good, we will have an opportunity to win.

Role Player
    Thanks
    The betting line is down to -3.5 favoring Kansas. Vegas will often give 3 points to the home team. Getting excited! Go Sycamores!

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/jac...-season-opene/

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ktulu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I hate to wish away the summer but the time before week 1 is dragging. it feels like the off week between non-con and MVFC play

7. The Following User Says Thank You to niklz62 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 869 Posts
    There is a video that Todd Jochem posted on Youtube called something like "1987 ISU Football highlights" that I scanned through the other night. Check it out, particularly the part at about the 2:15:00 mark where ISU AD Beanie Cooper hijacks the Dennis Raetz tv show to talk about an editorial in the paper that says we should drop to D-III. It's entertaining and sad all at the same time. We face the same issues as we did in 1987. But it might give you some stuff to pass the time.

Plus, we beat Cincinnati at the Hoosier Dome that year!

All-American
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Nice!