Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 723 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by FGColonel View Post
    Congratulations guys. Good win for the Trees. I thought we pretty much stunk up the place with poor tackling and stupid penalties. We had the wrong personnel in at times. Still cant figure out why we had the ball 3rd and short in the red zone late in the game and we had number three running back in. But, that is all part of the game and I will take nothing away from ISU. You did exactly what you needed to do to win the game. Good luck the rest of the season.
    There were a ton of penalties it seemed for both teams. Pretty hard to watch in the first half, especially. Good luck the rest of the season.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 723 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meistro View Post
    There were a ton of penalties it seemed for both teams. Pretty hard to watch in the first half, especially. Good luck the rest of the season.
    Speaking of hard to watch. Baseball gets a lot of criticism for pace of play and being boring at times, especially in person. I'm not denying this. But, have these same people ever watched a football game at the college or pro level? It can be brutal. With all the penalties, reviews, tv timeouts, that first half was 90 minutes long, for 30 minutes of play. I skipped the 3rd quarter and came back in 4th. My wife sat outside and read a book. Another reason why the administration shouldn't be forcing people to come inside, it's not for everybody.

Thanks
    I thought the game seemed way longer than the actual duration of it. Maybe its because of the time change for me coming from IL.

I think we have the same Boyle. Ive thought his passes with zip on them are pretty solid and when he has to put some touch on them they tend to fly a little. I also thing we are dropping too many catch-able passes. I think running the ball this much is ok as long as the OL is getting push.

I think EKU's decisions to go for it on 4th down were brutal. I would have kicked each time.

Legend
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meistro View Post
    Speaking of hard to watch. Baseball gets a lot of criticism for pace of play and being boring at times, especially in person. I'm not denying this. But, have these same people ever watched a football game at the college or pro level? It can be brutal. With all the penalties, reviews, tv timeouts, that first half was 90 minutes long, for 30 minutes of play. I skipped the 3rd quarter and came back in 4th. My wife sat outside and read a book. Another reason why the administration shouldn't be forcing people to come inside, it's not for everybody.
    And three hours actually qualifies as a quick game. Not uncommon for them to hit the three hours and thirty minutes mark, and more if they go to overtime or both teams feature a hurry up, pass heavy offense.
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    3:03 for this one. It seemed longer. I usually budget 3 hours minimum for a college game. ive had about 4 high school games that went withing 5 minutes either way of 2 hours. they have 12min quarters but they dont start the clock when they spot the ball after an OB play