Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Benchwarmer
    Thanks

ISU Volleyball, Soccer

Register to remove this advertisement
    Has anyone been following the volleyball program? They seem to be having a lot of issues lately and two of their best players transferred after last season, One of them went to Wichita State. I know theyíve a a rough schedule, but they havenít been competitive except in the Green Bay match.
    Last edited by ISUCC; 09-14-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 883 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesISUfan View Post
    Has anyone been following the volleyball program? They seem to be having a lot of issues lately and two of their best players transferred after last season, One of them went to Wichita State. I know they’ve a a rough schedule, but they haven’t been competitive except in the Green Bay match.
    I've heard they're very young, so if this is true, maybe the future will be brighter as the youngsters get experience. I don't follow volleyball closely, but any ISU team is usually fair game for discussion with my friends, and this is what I've heard.

Thanks
    Sadly I think most all ISU sports are in for a long year, until Soccer miraculously defeated Dayton this past weekend all the Fall sports team were winless. Football, volleyball (they may not win a single match all year), soccer (they too might not win another match this year), even cross country is way down. Golf placed in the lower half of their Fall tournament too. So there isn't too much to be enthusiastic about for ISU sports.

We'll have to see how the winter and spring sports do? I thought the 18-19 sports year was bad, but this year is shaping up to be even worse. So we'll see? There has to be a bottom at some point.
    Make State Great Again

Benchwarmer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    Sadly I think most all ISU sports are in for a long year, until Soccer miraculously defeated Dayton this past weekend all the Fall sports team were winless. Football, volleyball (they may not win a single match all year), soccer (they too might not win another match this year), even cross country is way down. Golf placed in the lower half of their Fall tournament too. So there isn't too much to be enthusiastic about for ISU sports.

We'll have to see how the winter and spring sports do? I thought the 18-19 sports year was bad, but this year is shaping up to be even worse. So we'll see? There has to be a bottom at some point.

Itís really a shame. I think they should start looking for a new athletic director. Clinkscales hasnít done a very good job since heís been there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesISUfan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Has ISU volleyball EVER had a GOOD season? Seriously. A season in which we competed for a title? The best we've ever done is a winning season. And our winning seasons are extremely few and far between.

Not a knock on the coaches and players (past and present), I know they all put in maximum effort. But ISU volleyball just has never been competitive.
    NO EXCUSES

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeTop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Did a quick check on Volleyball's win/loss history.

High point was 1982 with a record of 37-10
    Low point was 2005 with a record of 0-29
    Most recent winning seasons were 2014 (17-14) and 2015 (17-16)
    Last season their record was 10-20

The HIGH MAJORITY of all the seasons in between have been losing campaigns.

So trust me, I have ultimate respect for student athletes, especially D1 student athletes, I know they work their tails off and put in maximum effort on and off the court. But ISU volleyball is just a fickle beast that just doesn't find success on the court.

Hopefully, one day, that'll change.
    NO EXCUSES

Benchwarmer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    Did a quick check on Volleyball's win/loss history.

High point was 1982 with a record of 37-10
    Low point was 2005 with a record of 0-29
    Most recent winning seasons were 2014 (17-14) and 2015 (17-16)
    Last season their record was 10-20

The HIGH MAJORITY of all the seasons in between have been losing campaigns.

So trust me, I have ultimate respect for student athletes, especially D1 student athletes, I know they work their tails off and put in maximum effort on and off the court. But ISU volleyball is just a fickle beast that just doesn't find success on the court.

Hopefully, one day, that'll change.
    How does everyone feel about Clinkscales as the AD? I honestly thought Prettyman did a good job, he was just strapped due to the budget. The MVC is not even close to as tough as it was when Creighton and Wichita State were members, but ISU hasnít been able to capitalize on it. Volleyball along with many other sports havenít even been close.

Thanks
    Sadly, Volleyball and Soccer once again had a winless Friday. Volleyball was a little more competitive this week, so that was a positive. They lost 3-2 to Wright State University. So they at least won 2 games.

Soccer on the other hand got beat easily by Detroit 3-1.

Again, not sure either team will win another match this year, it'll be rough going. VB plays a couple matches today, Soccer plays tomorrow
    Make State Great Again

Thanks
    Volleyball lost their first match today to Toledo 3-0, no surprise there. They play Western Illinois in the last match of the day, so we'll see if they can pick up a win?
    Make State Great Again

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    more good news on this Saturday, the volleyball team found a team they could defeat, they beat Western Illinois 3-0, so they will not go winless in 2019.

So we have 3 teams with one win each at this point, football, soccer, and now volleyball
    Make State Great Again