Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,565 Times in 3,339 Posts

[September 21, 2019] Indiana State (1-2) vs Eastern Illinois (0-3)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (1-2) vs. Eastern Illinois
    (0-3)

Memorial Stadium - Terre Haute, IN
    Saturday, September 21 2019
    Kickoff: 1:00pm EST
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Legend
    Thanks
    Eastern has 13 total points in its first three games. We have to win this one!
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks
    they gave up 8 sacks vs ILSt

Thanks
    I don't know if our staff was watching the ATL/PHI game last night, but they have a play action call for Ryan on short yardage where he fakes the handoff and throws it to the TE on an inside slant. As much as we run the ball and use the TE to block, that play has Larkin written all over it.

That is the sort of creativity that our offense lacks. You don't have to chuck it down the field 40 yards but if you're going to run, run, run, throwing wrinkles in like that opens up the running game even more.
    Last edited by Jason Svoboda; 09-16-2019 at 09:57 PM.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

All-Conference
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    Eastern has 13 total points in its first three games. We have to win this one!
    EIU is my 2nd favorite team and they are pretty pathetic this year. They are in definite rebuild mode this season. If we don't win this game by at least 3 possessions we have serious issues. The only teams they will have a chance against are the 3 TN OVC schools. If they beat anyone else I will be really surprised.

Thanks
    I thought it was Wentz but it was actually Ryan. Play in question is at the 0:27 mark. This was after like 2-3 runs in a row and Philly was aggressively stacking the box because of it. Play action got the entire defense moving one way, TE cut right into the open middle and it was an easy chunk gain.

Thanks
    17pt favorites today

Thanks

Sycamore Football Closes Out Homestand with Regional Rival EIU

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Indiana State football plays host to regional rival Eastern Illinois Saturday, Sept. 21 to close out a three-game homestand. Kickoff is slated for 1 p.m. ET from Memorial Stadium.

More...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 883 Posts
    Sometimes, you just need to get over the hump. Our boys are over the hump now, and I think we're going to go on a roll! This one will be a statement win setting us off to five or six more in a row.

ISU 41
    EIU 17

We're gonna be fine, and this is gonna be fun!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyTreeFan For This Useful Post:

Sixth Man
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSycamores View Post

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Indiana State football plays host to regional rival Eastern Illinois Saturday, Sept. 21 to close out a three-game homestand. Kickoff is slated for 1 p.m. ET from Memorial Stadium.

More...
    I was in town last week for a fraternity reunion, besides tail gaiting, most of us went to the game, some havenÂ’t been back for 30 plus years, especially for a football game. Unfortunately, the game was dull, we sat near our AD at the top near the press box, for whatever itÂ’s worth, he looked frustrated watching a game that resembled, Bears/Lions in game 1980. The positive, we beat a very good FCS program that has a nice tradition.

From my observation, the atmosphere was just ok, at best. My question, was tent city on the east side for every game or just homecoming? I took my dad last year during homecoming and was impressed with the layout and enthusiasm it generated. I thought something was going to be put together inside of the fence, for the students on the north side of the field?? To my recollection, isnÂ’t there a plan in progress to do something on the northside to attract students?? Is there free or cheap transportation for students to get to the stadium? If not, why?? Only 4400 on a beautiful day?? Wow, thatÂ’s disappointing, just think when the weather turns cold how many will show up.

I met Nick SimÂ’s dad and family at the hotel, he said Nick has been recovering from a hip flexor injury. I think once he fully recovers, this kid is going to be the real deal, fast, thick and strong. We canÂ’t continue using scat backs between the tackles 15-20 carries per game like he have with been with Kerlegrand and McCoy. ItÂ’s just a matter of time, Kerlergrand will get injured just like McCoy. Sims will fill this void once he fully recovers, he was a highly touted RB and track star in high school. I am impressed with Chris Childers potential, nice size, good speed and vision.

There was a good article in the TH Tribune last week explaining how ISU needs to win a min of 8 games, 7 wonÂ’t do it this year because the MV is relatively weak compared to years past. Going back to the game atmosphere, I think the Dayton loss took some of the enthusiasm out of all of us, it showed last week.