Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,594 Times in 3,360 Posts

[October 5, 2019] Indiana State (2-2) at South Dakota (1-3)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (2-2, 0-0 MVFC) vs. South Dakota Coyotes
    (1-3, 0-0 MVFC)

DakotaDome - Vermillion, SD
    Saturday, October 5, 2019
    Kickoff: 3:00pm EST
    Last edited by Jason Svoboda; 10-01-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

All-Conference
    Thanks
    I think our defense will have to play an almost perfect game to win this one. USD's defense is bad, but I think even bad defenses can figure out our offense and we are without our starting QB now. I just have a bad feeling about this game, which means that we will probably end up winning.

Thanks

Sycamores Open Valley Football Action at South Dakota

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. Indiana State football will begin its Missouri Valley Football Conference schedule Saturday, October 5 when the team travels to Vermillion, S.D. to take on the South Dakota Coyotes. Kickoff is slated for 3 p.m. ET from the Dakota Dome.

More...

Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    I think our defense will have to play an almost perfect game to win this one. USD's defense is bad, but I think even bad defenses can figure out our offense and we are without our starting QB now. I just have a bad feeling about this game, which means that we will probably end up winning.
    Have the same feeling and, like you, hope I'm wrong. Worst part is if we can't beat USD, can we beat anyone? The degree to which this offense has regressed is startling (and that was before we lost Boyle). Think we'll need some breakaway touchdown runs to pile up points Saturday.
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    Have the same feeling and, like you, hope I'm wrong. Worst part is if we can't beat USD, can we beat anyone? The degree to which this offense has regressed is startling (and that was before we lost Boyle). Think we'll need some breakaway touchdown runs to pile up points Saturday.
    I honestly have no idea how good South Dakota is. I've looked at their box scores outside of their Oklahoma game and they don't look like the same team in any of them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    I honestly have no idea how good South Dakota is. I've looked at their box scores outside of their Oklahoma game and they don't look like the same team in any of them.
    i agree here. i look at the box scores from the Houston Baptist and Northern Colorado and I get dizzy

Thanks
    So we're a day away from the game and we've had 6 posts in the game thread with 2 of them being the intro posts. Has everyone written off the team already?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 885 Posts
    So we're a day away from the game and we've had 6 posts in the game thread with 2 of them being the intro posts. Has everyone written off the team already?
    Bye weeks suck for fans. Particularly when coupled with losing your best player in the previous game.

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    For me its back to "unknown". when we lost Titus, I thought we were going to be in trouble then Kerlegrand ripped off some good games and I was thinking we'd be ok. then Titus came back and for 5 plays I thought we would be great. Then Boyle goes down and I started walking to the top of the stadium to jump off but Wilderman did some things that I thought were good and the D played great except for 1 drive vs EIU and now Im just to unsure. Honestly I think Wilderman will perform better compared to himself last week because he will have 2 weeks of practicing with the starters rather than taking snaps with the 2s and planning to watch a football game while charting plays. my biggest concern is that he seemed like not as good of a runner as Boyle but maybe that was him being tentative or maybe he got hit a couple times.

At this point I still think the same games are in play as the beginning of the season. Ill put UNI as a loss and SDSU as a game we could grab. ILSt is a game they are a slight favorite (because of my opinion of them) and the rest of the games are winnable. Im not sold on Bo Pelini holding it together all year either. On the other hand, the conference is such where just about anything could happen.

The off week sucks and transitive property doesnt help much yet. Honestly, we could end up winning the next 2 games going into SDSU and we could still not know where we are as a team. If not for about 3 plays(1 pass vs KU, one fumbled int vs Dayton and Boyles injury play), we could be 4-0 with all our players healthy this week, win the next 2 games and still not know how good we are in relation to the conference. We could also easily be 0-4 at this point.