Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homecoming ???

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    Homecoming was definitely not as good this year as in year's past. It did eliminate the loud music which was nice. However they need to bring back Tent City the way it was and just enforce the loud noise ordinance. I also think they should start the game at 3 every year so people can tailgate longer. Then at 3 if they want to shut down Tent City and the tailgating, so be it.
    Im not sure I like the game times this year. I thought I would but I have to bust ass to get there with my kids.

Benchwarmer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    That's by design. There has been a systematic and constant barrage on fraternities for nearly 15 years now. Once they finally eradicate Greek Life, they're going to be sorry as those young men and women have always been the leaders on campus and ran pretty much every organization from SGA to professional associations to the various clubs. If they thought that place was a suitcase college before, wait until the last of the people that actually stay and do things on/for campus are gone.
    no surprise with fraternities guys , just look around the US......universities and colleges everywhere are trying to get rid of them.....heck, IU has been trying to disband all of them for 5 to 10 years now, and it is working. It's a shame.....I've always thought that the folks in power trying to get rid of the frats are the guys that no frat would ever want when they were in school. It's a shame but a sign of the times...

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rock9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,565 Times in 3,339 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by rock9 View Post
    no surprise with fraternities guys , just look around the US......universities and colleges everywhere are trying to get rid of them.....heck, IU has been trying to disband all of them for 5 to 10 years now, and it is working. It's a shame.....I've always thought that the folks in power trying to get rid of the frats are the guys that no frat would ever want when they were in school. It's a shame but a sign of the times...
    I'd say that's fair. I was an adviser for my chapter when it was still on campus and all of the people I dealt with at the University lacked any sort of understanding or empathy for Greek Life. That said, the stupid kids don't help themselves, either. So throw all of that in a blender and you've got a pretty shitty concoction.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!