Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,594 Times in 3,360 Posts

[October 19, 2019] Indiana State (3-3) vs South Dakota State (5-1)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (3-3, 1-1) vs. South Dakota State Jackrabbits
    (5-1, 2-0)

Memorial Stadium - Terre Haute, IN
    Saturday, October 19, 2019
    Kickoff: 1:00pm EST
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Benchwarmer
    Thanks
    I feel optimistic about this game. Three of their wins were against Long Island, Southern Utah, and Drake. A fourth win against SIU. Then again two of our wins were against 0-6 teams. Against WIU we were without 3 starting OLine and starting QB.

Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore75 View Post
    I feel optimistic about this game. Three of their wins were against Long Island, Southern Utah, and Drake. A fourth win against SIU. Then again two of our wins were against 0-6 teams. Against WIU we were without 3 starting OLine and starting QB.
    Appreciate your optimism, but the SDSU offense has been nearly unstoppable against FCS competition. And they only lost to an undefeated Minnesota by a touchdown (28-21). This game will be a really big test for this team.
    Fear the Trees!

All-Conference
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    Appreciate your optimism, but the SDSU offense has been nearly unstoppable against FCS competition. And they only lost to an undefeated Minnesota by a touchdown (28-21). This game will be a really big test for this team.
    I agree. I like the optimism, but I've been wondering if they will try to run the score up and beat us by 50 or if they'll have mercy on us and only beat us by 30. Outside of SIU and MSU I just see us competing well with the other schools left on our schedule. We've had 6 games to improve and beating a horrible WIU team by 10 doesn't make me feel any better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sycamorefan96 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Should we just refer to last year's thread. Same feeling at this point in the season.

https://www.sycamorepride.com/showth...ota-State-(2-1)

Thanks
    Although I give us very little chance to win if the offense doesnt make some serious improvement, the only game i consider a good win/loss for SDSU is the comeback this week against Youngstown. Im looking at Minnesota's schedule and its nice they are undefeated but I dont see a good win at this point. They will probably go 9-0 then 0-4 when they play someone. at this point I think we could only lose 1 game to make the playoffs (and yes, until I think we are statistically eliminated that will be the goal) unless 2 losses happen to maybe another playoff team and our wins arent the ones that turn a team's season from good to bad like our win over YSU, ILSt and WIU last year.

Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    Although I give us very little chance to win if the offense doesnt make some serious improvement, the only game i consider a good win/loss for SDSU is the comeback this week against Youngstown. Im looking at Minnesota's schedule and its nice they are undefeated but I dont see a good win at this point. They will probably go 9-0 then 0-4 when they play someone. at this point I think we could only lose 1 game to make the playoffs (and yes, until I think we are statistically eliminated that will be the goal) unless 2 losses happen to maybe another playoff team and our wins arent the ones that turn a team's season from good to bad like our win over YSU, ILSt and WIU last year.
    I would say their win against YSU is more impressive than any of our wins to this point, and they don't have any bad losses (we have two). Also more impressed with a TD loss to Minnesota than our TD loss to Kansas. Not giving up all hope, but I didn't see SDSU as a likely win even when we still had high expectations for this season. They're the third ranked team in the FCS for a reason.
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks
    I would say their win against YSU is more impressive than any of our wins to this point, and they don't have any bad losses (we have two). Also more impressed with a TD loss to Minnesota than our TD loss to Kansas. Not giving up all hope, but I didn't see SDSU as a likely win even when we still had high expectations for this season. They're the third ranked team in the FCS for a reason.
    Definitely, I was just saying Minnesota may have the luckiest schedule in FBS until week 10

Benchwarmer
    Thanks
    Saw Isaiah Edwards had surgery via his twitter. 1. Anyone know what on? 2. Is it season ending? 3. Any chance at a 6th year?

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore75 View Post
    Saw Isaiah Edwards had surgery via his twitter. 1. Anyone know what on? 2. Is it season ending? 3. Any chance at a 6th year?
    Well he went down with a leg injury against Dayton i think then came back against USD so he has only played 3 games