Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Thanks

MVC Cross Country Saturday 11/2

Register to remove this advertisement

Indiana State cross country will make the trip north to Valparaiso on Saturday with the goal to bring home some hardware at the Missouri Valley Conference Cross Country Championships.

More...
    Last edited by ISUCC; 11-01-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks
    both teams are going to have to run their best races of the year tomorrow and hope for top 5 team finishes, otherwise we're looking at potentially career worst finishes for both ISU cross country teams.
    Make State Great Again

Thanks

Sycamore Women Exceed Expectations, Take Third at Muddy MVC Championship Meet

The Indiana State women's cross country team had their best performance of the year on Saturday at the Missouri Valley Conference Championships, placing third overall as a team in wet and muddy conditions.

More...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSycamores For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    kudos to the women for getting third today, in muddy conditions they were able to do ok.

Not so much for the men, this is our worst finish ever in our MVC history, just utterly embarrassing. We should never ever finish below 3rd in the MVC meet. In the past 2 years we've officially sank to the bottom of the MVC, which is very sad for such a proud program with a rich history and the best cross country course in the nation. Something definitely needs to be done to correct this ASAP

Congrats to Bradley's men and Loyola's women for easily winning today.
    Make State Great Again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    kudos to the women for getting third today, in muddy conditions they were able to do ok.

Not so much for the men, this is our worst finish ever in our MVC history, just utterly embarrassing. We should never ever finish below 3rd in the MVC meet. In the past 2 years we've officially sank to the bottom of the MVC, which is very sad for such a proud program with a rich history and the best cross country course in the nation. Something definitely needs to be done to correct this ASAP

Congrats to Bradley's men and Loyola's women for easily winning today.
    With arguably the best cross-country course in the country why are the Sycamores not able to attract any of the top ten or better runners from Indiana or the surrounding states?
    When I was a player, I didn't expect my teammates to play the way I did. I did expect them to work hard every day and get better. Larry Bird

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,367 Times in 1,969 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPSFAN View Post
    With arguably the best cross-country course in the country why are the Sycamores not able to attract any of the top ten or better runners from Indiana or the surrounding states?
    That's been a difficult question to answer for years... I suppose that most of the kids that are good enough to run at the next level will go to a top tier program knowing that they're going to get the opportunity to come back and compete on that course anyway a couple times per year be it Pre-Nats, Nats or some other invitational.

I don't think the typical distance athlete is really evaluating or putting a lot of stock in "facilities" per say. I could be wrong about that and maybe I'm out of touch with what matters to prospective student athletes - but I just don't think having the top XC course in the nation really matters when deciding where you're going to school. I think the coaching staff matters, I think the kids in the program can help sell the program matter, I think prestige matters and last but certainly not least I think the quality of education is a huge factor.
    Roll Timber!