Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,594 Times in 3,360 Posts

[November 16, 2019] Indiana State (3-7) vs Youngstown State (5-5)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (3-7, 1-5) vs. Youngstown State Penguins
    (5-5, 1-5)

Memorial Stadium - Terre Haute, IN
    Saturday, November 16, 2018
    Kickoff: 1:00pm EST
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Winnable game. Bo will do at least one thing to keep us in it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to niklz62 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sycamores Host Youngstown State Saturday; Will Honor 23 Seniors

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. Indiana State football continues Missouri Valley Football Conference play Saturday November 16 as Youngstown State comes to town. Kickoff is slated for 1 p.m. ET from Memorial Stadium. Senior Day ceremonies will be held prior to kickoff at approximately 12:30 p.m. as the Sycamores honor 23 members of the team.

More...

Thanks
    wish i could make this one- this group of seniors as had some hard luck. But I'll be backpacking in the Big Piney Wilderness for a few days. Time to recharge the soul batteries....
    The Dude: I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    I noticed 23 players being recognized on Senior day, there are only 17 Seniors and Redshirt Seniors, Who are the Redshirt Juniors not coming back next year, anyone know?

Thanks
    Just saw Isiah Edwards was granted a 6th year. that takes the sting of losing an entire OL. We need to get a group that can push the LOS regularly.

Thanks
    Rather than put this in the last game ill put it here...
    just as reference, i havent got to watch all of the last 2 games because of my officiating schedule so I may not have seen us do some of this but..
    as far as Wilderman and the wildcat go, I'd like to see Wilderman keep it on the zone read and Id like to see Haupert throw the ball a couple times. I think either of those would take some pressure off the other things we do. I know Wilderman isnt a speedster but he could get 6-8 yards on some of the plays Boyle used to get 15 on and we could use some 2nd and 3s.

Im wondering if Gunnar See was ineffective because whatever his leg injury was never actually healed. since he saw very limited action, can he get a medical redshirt for this year.

Sixth Man
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    Just saw Isiah Edwards was granted a 6th year. that takes the sting of losing an entire OL. We need to get a group that can push the LOS regularly.
    That's great to hear, good for him and the team. The OL should be in pretty good shape next year becasue of the experience the underclassmen are getting. Ive been pretty critial on Herin #73 but he has improved nicely since his first start, I just hope he can put on another 30 lbs sooner than later. Vazquez # 67 is a really good player, nice technique, I'm glad we have him for another 3 yrs.

Evaluating our running back situation, we need to get bigger and stronger, our 2 starters are not 3 down backs thats why they are prone to injury. What the hell happened to McCoy, shoulder again?? You would think there is someone on the defensive side who could transition into RB, that has size and respectful speed. It's fairly common to convert High School RB's into OLB or Safetys. If Mallory is going to be a run first offense, he needs to find a more durable back to support his run commitment.

Some of the redshirt Juniors who are graduating: Dillion, Bough, Wildt, Webster and Koch,(former player, student mgr)