Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 Times in 3,454 Posts

[November 13, 2019] Indiana State (0-1) at Louisville (2-0)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (0-1) vs. Louisville Cardinals
    (2-0)

KFC Yum! Center - Louisville, KY
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019
    8:00 PM EST Tip
    Last edited by Jason Svoboda; 11-10-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 Times in 3,454 Posts
    Louisville beat Youngstown State today 78-55.

Nwora is their next NBAer but he isn't anywhere near as athletic as Toppin. I'd put him more in the heady, smooth category. Kind of glides around, is efficient and just makes plays. I'm not sure the Cards have great shooters so I'd be inclined to try to run that zone again that was successful before Dayton started hitting a bit.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 672 Posts
    It's Louisville. End result of the game probably won't count in three years anyway.
    Fear the Trees!

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bent20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,072 Posts
    Too funny ^

This is a game where the win/loss isn’t as important as the effort and the growth. If our freshman continues to play well, JB and Key take good care of the ball and are selective with shots and we play good defense, let the outcome be what it is.

Don’t get me wrong I want to win, but I will be happy if many of the positives from yesterday’s game are seen again. Hustle, play smart, take good shots, and take care of the ball and move it well, I will be happy. Just want to see us look like a top level MVc team.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluethunder For This Useful Post:

Role Player
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    It's Louisville. End result of the game probably won't count in three years anyway.
    LOL!

Thanks
    We'll see how well our guards handle DARIUS PERRY in transition. He keys the Card offense, sees the floor well and has an assortment of Bird-like passes to feed the front court.

https://www.si.com/college/louisvill...ng-performance

https://www.wlky.com/article/darius-...ctory/29751876
    Last edited by Buckhorn; 11-11-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks
    It's a couple days until we play the 5th ranked team in the country and I have to wonder...

Will we start the season 0-2 as many (including myself) have predicted?
    Will any of the Cardinals players drop 29 (or more) points on us?
    Will the Cardinals have multiple guys score 20+ points on us?
    Will WE have multiple guys score 20+ points?
    Can we carry the positives from the Dayton game over to Wednesday night?!?!!?
    Can we play better defense? And especially, can we do it vs the #5 team in the country?
    Will Cooper shoot more than 2 behind the arc?
    Will Agbo and Cobie play more than 4 minutes each?
    Will De'avion see the floor?
    Did you know we have a walk-on named Keon Sellers on the team?
    Will our starting lineup be the same as the Dayton game?
    Will LaRavia take T-Will's place in the starting lineup?
    Are you as tired of the phrase "moral victory" as I am?
    If we upset the #5 team in the country, and then NOT lay an egg vs Ball State, will we receive some votes in next week's polls?
    Could ISU PLEASE sell the naming rights of Hulman Center to a big brand like KFC YUM?!!?!?
    NO EXCUSES

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    It's a couple days until we play the 5th ranked team in the country and I have to wonder...

Will we start the season 0-2 as many (including myself) have predicted?
    Will any of the Cardinals players drop 29 (or more) points on us?
    Will the Cardinals have multiple guys score 20+ points on us?
    Will WE have multiple guys score 20+ points?
    Can we carry the positives from the Dayton game over to Wednesday night?!?!!?
    Can we play better defense? And especially, can we do it vs the #5 team in the country?
    Will Cooper shoot more than 2 behind the arc?
    Will Agbo and Cobie play more than 4 minutes each?
    Will De'avion see the floor?
    Did you know we have a walk-on named Keon Sellers on the team?
    Will our starting lineup be the same as the Dayton game?
    Will LaRavia take T-Will's place in the starting lineup?
    Are you as tired of the phrase "moral victory" as I am?
    If we upset the #5 team in the country, and then NOT lay an egg vs Ball State, will we receive some votes in next week's polls?
    Could ISU PLEASE sell the naming rights of Hulman Center to a big brand like KFC YUM?!!?!?

I thought that GL & the Wolf's were long-term chums? Surely they can cut loose w/ an easy $3-5m for a few yrs. on HC. Also heard that this was one of the reasons why GL's still on the ISU bench.

https://www.wolfesaa.com/

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,505 Times in 2,063 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckhorn View Post
    [/B]

I thought that GL & the Wolf's were long-term chums? Surely they can cut loose w/ an easy $3-5m for a few yrs. on HC. Also heard that this was one of the reasons why GL's still on the ISU bench.

https://www.wolfesaa.com/
    Let me start by saying - can we not let this season play out a bit before we start with this sort of commentary? It's literally opening week and we went 1 game and we've already had a couple comments about Lansing as our coach. You all need to find a way to deal with that as a reality - if you don't like then open your pocket books more... I can't help you! But I will humor you because this needs to be reiterated for about the 1,000th time.

They're buddies and it's one of the the MANY reasons that GL is still on the bench... A lot of truth to the fact that Clink wanted to try and buy him out. He contacted certain donors to attempt do so. He didn't get much traction on that effort...

I mean it doesn't just start and end with Danny Wolf.

- Sumner Family (SMC)

- Steve Heck (Complete Outdoor)

- Doti Family (Jadcore)

- Todd Hein (Labor Link)

- Doan family (Old National Bank)

I could go on and on - those are just a few of the players. You've got members on this forum that have supported Lansing and this team and they're not willing to help buy him out of a contract. These people have spent money on the program and Lansing has done an amazing job cultivating those relationships. If Indiana State wants to get rid of Lansing then they can be intelligent about it or they can shit can his ass and piss all of those people off... I'd strongly suggest they not go about it in that fashion - unless they want to piss off some significant donors.

How can they be intelligent about it you ask? Well I'm not convinced that Lansing wants to leave TH long-term. He's proved to be a capable fundraiser. Can you imagine a scenario where his team struggles again (Lansing aint blind to his struggles) you approach him and say look when your contract ends we've got to take this in a different direction but I know you care about this program and your relationships here - can we hire you in a fundraising capacity?? Maybe he doesn't bite on that - maybe he wants to stay in college coaching. Fine! But if the day comes where we've got to go in a different direction you ought to be sensitive to those relationships that Lansing has formed. Again, he might have too much pride to entertain such an offer - but that would be my approach when/if this comes to an end sooner than later.

But when you just look at wins and losses and when you just let your emotion as a fan drive your posts/decision making then sure the easy reaction is just fire him and we can move on - everyone enjoys a good coaching search. That's such a short sighted way to look at things. He's actually been a much better coach of our program than many of you can admit to yourselves. He's ran a clean program - most of his athletes have been really decent student athletes. He's on the hot-seat and deservedly so - he knows he has to win this year! Let him try and win or find something else to do...
    Roll Timber!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Legend
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    Right. This is an automatic win in our record.