Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 Times in 3,454 Posts

[November 30, 2019] Indiana State (2-4) vs Missouri-St. Louis (5-1)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (2-4) vs. Missouri-St. Louis Tritons (5-1)

Hulman Center - Terre Haute, Indiana
    Saturday, November 30, 2019
    2:00 PM EST Tip
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    This UMSL team is going to be worn out by the time they hit the Hulman Center. They have games tonight and tomorrow before probably a quick family break and traveling to us. This one should be a game where it gets ugly early.

They opened the season against EIU and lost 66-51.

http://www.umsltritons.com/sports/me.../boxscore/3025
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    This UMSL team is going to be worn out by the time they hit the Hulman Center. They have games tonight and tomorrow before probably a quick family break and traveling to us. This one should be a game where it gets ugly early.

They opened the season against EIU and lost 66-51.

http://www.umsltritons.com/sports/me.../boxscore/3025
    you would hope so, but I wouldn't count on it given our past history against supposedly inferior teams, more than likely we'll let them hang around for most of the game, then pull away for a somewhat close win at the end of the game. We've seen it all too many times.

Maybe this year is different?

Our games against the likes of UMSL, Tennessee State, and Chicago State will tell us how our MVC season is going to go. If we come away with close wins, or lose these games, then we're heading for the same ol' same ol' 7th - 10th place finish in MVC play

but if we get after it from the get go, and win these games with authority, then maybe we'll have better success in MVC play. Hard telling what's going to happen
    Avoid the Play In Game!

Legend
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    you would hope so, but I wouldn't count on it given our past history against supposedly inferior teams, more than likely we'll let them hang around for most of the game, then pull away for a somewhat close win at the end of the game. We've seen it all too many times.

Our games against the likes of UMSL, Tennessee State, and Chicago State will tell us how our MVC season is going to go. If we come away with close wins, or lose these games, then we're heading for the same ol' same ol' 7th - 10th place finish in MVC play

but if we get after it from the get go, and win these games with authority, then maybe we'll have better success in MVC play. Hard telling what's going to happen
    Do you always predict the future on false premises?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sycamorebacker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post

I was more so alluding to the fact these guys will be on the third game in five days. While young bodies bounce back, between travel and any holiday festivities they partake in, I just think they're going to be sluggish. Very little time for any real recovery for that group.

Now, they could come in and shoot our of their minds from 3 but it looks like they're a post oriented team considering they only hit 30% from outside on 7-8 shots a game.

Thanks
    EIU went on a 16-0 run to close out the game, but UMSL hung right with them up until the last 5 minutes of the game. I think UMSL will hang around with us for a while. We should win, but I wouldn't be shocked if we somehow lost either. Based on their 5-1 record they don't seem like they are a bad team.

Thanks
    Really glad to see this tweet as it was a valiant (cheap) effort but the play-by-play by the student announcers to this point has been a joke and the laughingstock of the MVC and the world-wide audience.

Luke Martin
    @LukeMartinISU

13h
    Feels good to be doing basketball prep again! Stoked for the opportunity to call
    @IndStMBB
    University produced games this year on ESPN+/ESPN3. Even more thrilled to do it with Sycamore Hall of Famer
    @matt_renn
    ! See you in Hulman Center Saturday! #MarchOn
    When I was a player, I didn't expect my teammates to play the way I did. I did expect them to work hard every day and get better. Larry Bird

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPSFAN View Post
    Really glad to see this tweet as it was a valiant (cheap) effort but the play-by-play by the student announcers to this point has been a joke and the laughingstock of the MVC and the world-wide audience.

Luke Martin
    @LukeMartinISU

13h
    Feels good to be doing basketball prep again! Stoked for the opportunity to call
    @IndStMBB
    University produced games this year on ESPN+/ESPN3. Even more thrilled to do it with Sycamore Hall of Famer
    @matt_renn
    ! See you in Hulman Center Saturday! #MarchOn
    This was discussed in the football thread when the switch was made, but this was league mandated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 859 Posts
    So is Fritz going to do the radio call solo with no color commentary?

All-Conference
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I’m so glad they finally switched....the production values were not a good look for the university. Donors (and just as important, potential donors) watch, recruits and their families watch, gamblers watch, opposing teams and their fans watch, and every once in a while those with a passing interest in their alma mater that we want to capture as bigger fans watch. It’s ridiculous it took a league mandate to change it though. Who in the world sat up there in the ISU Administration, watched our ESPN3/+ productions, and said “this is fine, no issues here, keep doing it.” Mind-boggling.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hooper For This Useful Post: