Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-Conference
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotta Hav View Post
    His Scholarship should have been pulled, way before the season started.

Which begs the question, why is he still on scholarship at the expense of fans, alumni and winning?
    GREAT question. I have wondered that for quite some time myself. I questioned what was REALLY going on with him a while back on this forum and basically got chastised for it. We as fans deserve to know!!

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 2,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pbutler218 View Post
    GREAT question. I have wondered that for quite some time myself. I questioned what was REALLY going on with him a while back on this forum and basically got chastised for it. We as fans deserve to know!!
    When were you or anyone else chastised over your question(s)?

This forum is about the only place any information what-so-ever on the situation has been discussed. Repeating previously reported information is a bit tiresome given that people laid out what is known about the situation... But relax! (Sincerely not trying to chastise). Injuries, Grades, Attendance - simplified again.

As for kicking him off the team. The timing of him having continued classroom issues and our ability to fill his scholarship with anyone worth while would be the issue. Would you really rather him cut the kid - throw a dart at some random kid and just hope it sticks?! Most kids have likely made a college choice around the time Lansing/staff realized this situation wasn’t getting better.

You might recall that Cooper had issues with grades and going to class early on - I think he’s got it figured out but it wasn’t going well and he had related issues at Butler. Does that mean Lansing should have just cut him - I mean sometimes you gotta stick with a kid and hope he figures it out...

Not really defending keeping Brink or endorsing getting rid of him. I’m just suggesting that a lot more goes into it than just cutting a kid and moving on. Fans are quick to want kids that struggle to get cut and coaches that struggle to get fired. I really find that emotion to be interesting - having worn a jersey at that level for 4 years I can assure you that most of the athletes and coaches are not trying to suck. Sometimes a little support goes a long way - I’m as critical as anyone of Indiana State and athlete performance. But in the case of Brink I’m not sure it’s fair to jump to conclusions such as he should be released of his scholarship.
    Last edited by SycamoreStateofMind; 12-02-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    Roll Timber!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Legend
    Thanks
    I'm on the side of giving him a 2nd chance and I personally know that young men, sometimes, are slow to mature and anyone can make mistakes.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 2,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorebacker View Post
    I'm on the side of giving him a 2nd chance and I personally know that young men, sometimes, are slow to mature and anyone can make mistakes.
    Ya... But again I'm not on a side here. I think he's had more than a second chance at this from my understanding.

I think my post is really more about the timing of his on-going issues and what we could have got to replace him. I mean - if you're not going to class and not making the grades then you're NCAA ineligible and wasting a scholarship etc. to GottaHav point. I'm just suggesting that perhaps they were hoping he could work things out (second chance) and by the time they learned (this summer) that is wasn't going to work out they didn't really have any options... Thus giving him a third chance to try and figure it out this year while he wasn't going to play anyway because he's not eligible. I'm speculating some here - but this is close to where I think we're at.

I'm sure they're looking to fill it this season - he wouldn't be the first kid that Lansing has had to part ways with for various reasons. It's just part of the business - so I certainly understand both sides of it.
    Roll Timber!

Benchwarmer
    Thanks
    Blake is no longer listed on the goscyamores.com roster, was he removed from the team?

https://gosycamores.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

Thanks
    Thanked 5,652 Times in 3,394 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Sycamore View Post
    Blake is no longer listed on the goscyamores.com roster, was he removed from the team?

https://gosycamores.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
    Nice eye. That has to be recent because I was just looking up something the other day and he was still listed.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Lansing said during his radio show last night that Blake and Tyshon (sp?) Martin will no longer be with the team in the second semester.

Tyshon, it sounds like he'll be transferring to be closer to home, he mentioned that he's lost several family members recently.

He thanked both of them for their work and treated both of their departures with respect.
    NO EXCUSES

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TreeTop For This Useful Post: