Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    All-American
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    See above - know it wasn’t worth your time to read Joey.

Recovering from a few minor injuries per Lansing post game.
    Sorry was at a game and couldn’t follow closely. My sincere apologies for asking a question.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 2,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsportsfan View Post
    Sorry was at a game and couldn’t follow closely. My sincere apologies for asking a question.
    Wasn’t serious... I’d have said the same thing to you in person. No apology needed.
    Roll Timber!

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 2,006 Posts
    I mean that Lousville loss and that Dayton loss are throw away's at this point. Louisville is ranked #1 and is the best team I've seen in the country. Dayton is ranked #19 but I'm not sure they're not closer to a top 10 team right now. So that is two of our losses. The Ball State loss will be the one that will leave doubt in my head for awhile...

Only 5 turnovers last night was as good as I can recall us taking care of the basketball in a long time. I gotta tell you it sounded like a pretty relieved and happy Lansing in that post game. I'd hate to read into someones candor too much but he might have needed these last couple wins as much as his guys did. I think when dealing with college kids we always look at the confidence level of the athletes - but often forgotten in that is the confidence level of the HC. I can't imagine that Lansing has been too confident in himself and the product that has been on the floor the last couple years. He sounded a little different last night - a bit more relaxed.
    Roll Timber!

All-American
    Thanks
    JB was really solid last night... 8 rebs and 5 ast. Had a couple nice drives.
    Key was very good and felt like he could have had 35. At the same time this is frustrating because it makes me ask why he disappears in some games and doesn’t just take over.
    Williams, LaRavia and C. Barnes all have really bright futures.

We’re gonna have a tough one facing Love and Wampler @ Wright St. but I’m sure Lansing is excited knowing our future schedule vs. playing Dayton and Louisville.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    It's less than 3 hours until tip-off and I have to wonder...

Will we blow out the Bison? No.
    Will we play even with the Bison? At times.
    Will the Bison blow us out? Negative.
    Will our 3-point shooting stay relatively hot? It did not.
    Will Cooper continue his relative tear? That's a no.
    Will Jordan score 20+? Also a no.
    Will Tyreke get to the line 10+ times? Exactly 10 times.
    Which of our big men will have the biggest day? Felt like Trey, but Bronson was there too.
    Will our starting five be JB, TK, CN, TW, and JL? Yes, yes it was.
    Who will play more minutes, CB or DW? Cobie.
    Will we finally play some TENACIOUS D? At times.
    Will the paid attendance exceed 4,500? Negatory.
    Who is this radio analyst Andrew Kappes? He's a broadcaster for the Indy Indians, for one.
    Will Fritzi and Kappes mesh well? Seemed to.
    Can we PLEASE win our 4th in a row?!?!??!
    YES WE CAN!
    NO EXCUSES

Thanks
    Thanked 1,317 Times in 834 Posts
    I only caught some of the game on TV due to the early start time, but I at least listened to the rest on the radio. First, I'll say I liked the chemistry between Fritz and Kappes. I thought Kappes had really good energy, but wasn't over the top. Having him on the broadcast seemed to bring out the personality of Fritz a little more than usual. I enjoyed listening to the two of them call the game.

A couple of things stood out to me last night:

- It seems Tyreke can draw a foul whenever he wants, but it's interesting how he seems to get in that mode more once the opponent is in the bonus. It's hard to knock our best player's game too much, but I'd like to see him be that aggressive all of the time.

- We did a great job protecting the basketball...only 5 turnovers. We still don't generate enough assists for my liking, but as long as we're 2:1 assist-to-turnover ratio we'll be fine.

- What does Agbo have to do to get more playing time? I know Tre and Kessinger were having decent games, so that may have dictated Agbo's usage quite a bit, but the dude played 4 minutes and snatched 4 rebounds. He's incredibly effective when he's in the game, and he's looking more and more comfortable as the season progresses.

- Similar to the Dayton game when we got down and fought back, I was happy to see the fight in our team last night. NDSU went on a run to start the second half, and we didn't wither up and die like we have in prior seasons. We kept our composure and fought our way back to a comfortable lead. NDSU is a team we should beat by double-digits, and we did.

I'm looking forward to the Wright State game. They're a decent team...probably a notch above Ball State. I hope we continue to show we're improving and give them a good fight on the road.

Thanks
    Congrats to the team on winning their 4th consecutive and the 1,501st in school history -- as Ace has had poor math in the past, I'm confident this was the 1,501st win not the 1,500th... regardless, over that "hurdle"... on to 1,750

Good game by Tyreke -- at his current pace, he'll join the 1,000 club by halftime of the 1st So. Illinois game -- be nice to to that in front of the hometown fans; he's at 934 this a.m. he should pass Bob Clark (mid-1950s) and Steve Reed (1977-81) on the career list vs. Orville & Wilbur PolyTechnic this weekend
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,052 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreBlue3209 View Post
    JB was really solid last night... 8 rebs and 5 ast. Had a couple nice drives.
    Key was very good and felt like he could have had 35. At the same time this is frustrating because it makes me ask why he disappears in some games and doesn’t just take over.
    Williams, LaRavia and C. Barnes all have really bright futures.

We’re gonna have a tough one facing Love and Wampler @ Wright St. but I’m sure Lansing is excited knowing our future schedule vs. playing Dayton and Louisville.
    Love is doubtful this Saturday. Hurt his elbow and sat out their game against WKU last night. His injury seems to be a two week recovery.