Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 672 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    I looked at some Pioneer League schools' schedules and it appears Butler and Dayton don't have their schedules completed yet for next season. Both have nothing scheduled on September 19th. We should drop Lindenwood and add one of those two schools ASAP before someone else does if one of them is indeed still available.
    I'd really like to hear an explanation from someone at the university as to why we didn't schedule one of them in the first place.
    Fear the Trees!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bent20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Drop a note to the AD... I'm positive he's open to scheduling advice from the fan base...
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Thanks
    To no surprise NDSU won their 8th national title in 9 years 28-20 over James Madison and finished 16-0. Their freshman QB Trey Lance won the Walter Peyton Award (FCS Heisman) and finished the season with 0 interceptions. Next season they play at Oregon who finished 7th in the AP rankings this year so that should be interesting. This was supposedly a rebuilding year for NDSU and I believe they return most of their starters next season.
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 01-12-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks
    To no surprise NDSU won their 8th national title in 9 years 28-20 over James Madison and finished 16-0. Their freshman QB Trey Lance won the Walter Peyton Award (FCS Heisman) and finished the season with 0 interceptions. Next season they play at Oregon who finished 7th in the AP rankings this year so that should be interesting. This was supposedly a rebuilding year for NDSU and I believe they return most of their starters next season.

Bizon are also the first college team in 125 years to go 16-0 on the season (Yale - 1894)
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Thanks
    I looked at some Pioneer League schools' schedules and it appears Butler and Dayton don't have their schedules completed yet for next season. Both have nothing scheduled on September 19th. We should drop Lindenwood and add one of those two schools ASAP before someone else does if one of them is indeed still available.
    When you say they arent completed, do you mean they arent released or they have openings. those arent the same thing

Thanks
    We are making a HUGE jump that we would have won a D1 game instead of the D2 game. yes I know you cant win a D1 game when you dont schedule on but 6-5 wouldnt have got us in either.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to niklz62 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    We are making a HUGE jump that we would have won a D1 game instead of the D2 game. yes I know you cant win a D1 game when you dont schedule on but 6-5 wouldnt have got us in either.
    I am a little confused at what you are referencing. If it was 2 seasons ago, then I personally believe we would have been in with a 7-4 record had all 7 wins been D1. Even if that 7th win had been over an awful SWAC or Pioneer school we still should have made it. I just don't see how scheduling non-D1 schools helps us at this point. If we're going to throw 4 million dollars a year at football we should be playing D1 schools so we are in a position to at least contend for a playoff spot.

As far as the future schedules goes for Dayton and Butler, I got my into off of the site FutureFBSSchedules (they do FCS schedules too). They generally put all future games on there whether the schedules have been officially released or not. They just update each school when the school's announce future matchups with each other.
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 01-13-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 672 Posts
    I did check the schools' sites and Butler does have a game against SDSU for Sept. 5. Maybe they wouldn't want two MVC games?

Dayton has a game against SE Missouri State on Sept. 5.

Valpo has North Dakota on Sept. 3.

Drake has NDSU on Sept. 12.

I think what this shows me is that the Dakota schools are even more on top of it than us when it comes to scheduling. They probably also pay better.
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks
    The Dakota schools actually take their football programs seriously. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see SDSU or North Dakota win a title within the next few seasons. Historically North Dakota has a big advantage over the Bison in their rivalry. I am sure UND will do whatever it takes to not let NDSU dominate especially now that they are in the same conference for football. The UND-NDSU rivalry will more than likely become the biggest rivalry in the MVFC.
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 01-13-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 Times in 3,454 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    Not really the point though, is it? With playing the D1 game, you at least give yourself an at-large shot. By not playing it, you assuredly eliminate yourself save for a special season. If you don't win it, you're likely not winning the majority of your conference games anyhow.

The fact that Pioneer league now gets an auto invite as of 2013, it makes no sense not to schedule them ALWAYS over a D2 school. The fact multiple PFL teams are within a short car ride and several are MVC conference or historical rivals, it's just moronic not to. IMO, I'm one that believes our non-con should be pretty damn easy to schedule.

1 money game vs FBS
    1 game vs PFL, preferrably Valpo or Butler
    1 game vs EIU - historical rival, good FCS conference and long time historical rival that is a short car ride away for return trips.

In the years you have the 4th, I'd love to take fliers against other top FCS conference teams that we've never played OR, if it is at home, close FCS schools where we can get travelers inside the stadium to buy tickets and concessions.

For those that say that isn't a difficult non-con... I don't care. IMO, MVFC teams should schedule akin to how SEC schools schedule their non-con slates. It should all essentially be a warm up for the murderers row that comes in MVFC play.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post: