Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks

2020 Off-season Football Thread

Register to remove this advertisement
    I figured we needed this since I don't know anything about basketball except "you're gonna get someone hurt" and "let'em play"

next years schedule is posted:
    https://gosycamores.com/sports/football/schedule
    looks like we miss UND and UNI.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Does anyone know when the early football signing period is?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 916 Posts
    Two questions:

1. Why in the name of all things holy are we playing a lower division school again? That bit us in the arse last year. Buy that game out and schedule Butler or someone like that. With ISU, you just never know when a football team might have shot at the playoffs. Or not have a shot...

2. We spent $2M on lights for Memorial Stadium. We didn't use them once this year, even though we had three September home games. Will we use the lights next year? I know soccer uses them, but let's be real - football is the reason we have them. And they were not utilized at all this year. Night football is fun. We need all the fun "gimmicks" we can get to lure people to our games.

Inquiring minds want to know...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyTreeFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A couple of players have left, Isaac Fotu, and Shaniel (sic?) Green. Fotu's fiancee is pregnant and they are moving back to Utah to be closer to family. Don't know Greens reason but he has an offer from Quincy according to a Twitter post.
    The Dude: I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsons View Post
    Does anyone know when the early football signing period is?
    Google says 12/18

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    Tough schedule early. If we can win 3 of the first 5 games we could make the playoffs.

Thanks
    We basically have no shot at making the playoffs next year. We'd have to go 8-3 since we're too stupid to schedule D1 teams. If we have any chance at all we will have to go undefeated in non-conference play.

Personally I would like too see us schedule Valpo every year. I would even be okay with 2 for 1's or home and homes. At least they are D1 and in the MVC.
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 12-08-2019 at 06:14 PM.

All-Conference
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    We basically have no shot at making the playoffs next year. We'd have to go 8-3 since we're too stupid to schedule D1 teams. If we have any chance at all we will have to go undefeated in non-conference play.

Personally I would like too see us schedule Valpo every year. I would even be okay with 2 for 1's or home and homes. At least they are D1 and in the MVC.

It’ll be tough. If the committee sticks with its “7 D-1 wins minimum” mantra we need to have one heck of a season. Hard to find 7, let alone 8, D-1 wins on that schedule. How/why we didn’t learn our lesson from 2018 and scheduled Lindenwhoever is beyond me....especially with 2 presumed guaranteed losses vs MTSU and the obvious Bison. And I can’t imagine MTSU offered that big of a payday, at least not what we’re used to. Weird and tough 2020 schedule with no big payday and not conducive to an FCS playoff resume unless we shock some teams.

Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 690 Posts
    Have never heard of Lindenwood. Agree with the criticism. Idiotic. Of course it doesn't really matter if we don't field a competitive offense.
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    Have never heard of Lindenwood. Agree with the criticism. Idiotic. Of course it doesn't really matter if we don't field a competitive offense.
    Illinois State is in the quarterfinals and I wouldnt call their offense competitive. Yes I know how many yards Robinson had