Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Tell that to all of the female interns around town.
    or their fiances. anyone heard the rumor about how the motorcycle accident actually went down? its interesting.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to niklz62 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Not really the point though, is it? With playing the D1 game, you at least give yourself an at-large shot. By not playing it, you assuredly eliminate yourself save for a special season. If you don't win it, you're likely not winning the majority of your conference games anyhow.

The fact that Pioneer league now gets an auto invite as of 2013, it makes no sense not to schedule them ALWAYS over a D2 school. The fact multiple PFL teams are within a short car ride and several are MVC conference or historical rivals, it's just moronic not to. IMO, I'm one that believes our non-con should be pretty damn easy to schedule.

1 money game vs FBS
    1 game vs PFL, preferrably Valpo or Butler
    1 game vs EIU - historical rival, good FCS conference and long time historical rival that is a short car ride away for return trips.

In the years you have the 4th, I'd love to take fliers against other top FCS conference teams that we've never played OR, if it is at home, close FCS schools where we can get travelers inside the stadium to buy tickets and concessions.

For those that say that isn't a difficult non-con... I don't care. IMO, MVFC teams should schedule akin to how SEC schools schedule their non-con slates. It should all essentially be a warm up for the murderers row that comes in MVFC play.

I'd add Dayton or Drake to the Pioneer FBall League options
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    I know Petrino has baggage around him, but I think this is a good hire for MSU. He worked out great for WKU, before he left, and should leave the Bears in a way better spot than they are in.

Horrible hire from an optics perspective... be interested to see how long it takes before he shits himself (again)

Pelini hasn't worked wonders at YSU... time will tell if Philandering Bobby Pitino... I mean Petrino works out in Springfield
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Thanks
    Are we not playing EIU in 2021 and 2022? I see we are playing @EKU and @NW in 2021, but there is no mention of EIU.

Edit: I guess we are not. Their schedule is full in 2022. They have an FBS game and UTC coming up for a return game. They play the Redbirds every year which leaves us out.

Going through other schools' schedules we should either schedule Austin Peay or Tennessee Tech for a home game on 9/4/21 and an away game on 9/3/22. Either school would work although TTU is probably the most winnable. In 2022 we would still be a game short. A game with a PFL school would make sense except they are already all taken up. Our athletic dept just sucks I swear. Way to not be on top of things.

No one is going to play us in Terre Haute in 2022 and wait until 2025 for a return game so we might as well just pencil in a D2 for that year as well.

Although let's be honest I could totally see us just scheduling a D2 school in 2021 instead and leaving ourselves 2 games short in 2022.
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 01-16-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    or their fiances. anyone heard the rumor about how the motorcycle accident actually went down? its interesting.
    Good point, I always heard the real story was he got his ass kicked by the females fiances!! He is a great xo's coach but has always come across to me as a self centered punk.

All-American
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by #33 View Post
    Good point, I always heard the real story was he got his ass kicked by the females fiances!! He is a great xo's coach but has always come across to me as a self centered punk.
    Sounds weird. Usually athletes and coaches are the most humble people in society.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sycamore tuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    No one is going to play us in Terre Haute in 2022 and wait until 2025 for a return game so we might as well just pencil in a D2 for that year as well.
    This actually happens. Liberty 2014 and 2017 is an example. I think when we last played WKU it was a return trip from when they were still FCS. which is why we didnt get paid (to beat their ass)

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Exactly.

Golden if you read this please do an article on why we scheduled Lindenwood and also let us know if Boyle got a 6th year. Or if anyone knows the answers to these please advise.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000463326843
    Listen around 43:15. Nothing big but it’s not a “NO”