Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

[January 4, 2020] Indiana State (8-4) at Drake (10-3)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (8-4, 1-0) vs. Drake Bulldogs
    (10-3, 0-0)

Knapp Center - Des Moines, IA
    Saturday, January 4, 2020
    6:00 PM EST Tip
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Right now, ESPN's BPI has us a 62.5%/37.5% dog at Drake. They play at Bradley tomorrow evening.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Telling game for the Sycamores. We win a close one.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar

[January 4, 2020] Indiana State (8-4) at Drake (10-3)

If you look at how we played vs. Dayton and Air Force as indicators Id say other than us being on the road and this being a conference game (just a different animal for our young team) - this is a coin flip kinda game right now. Im not paying too much attention to anything that suggests otherwise.
    Roll Timber!

Once again, you can’t look at Drake’s record and box score stats alone to tell their story to date. Similar to SIU, they’ve played an unbelievably easy schedule so far. True, they are 7-0 at home, but look at who they’ve beaten. Their best win is on a neutral court versus Northeastern, a team with a kenpom ranking one below us and a NET rating of 123. We have two common opponents so far: Dayton and Air Force. Drake got destroyed by Dayton where we were a Jordan Barnes 3 pointer falling from beating Dayton. Drake beat Air Force on the road by 5 and we beat them by by 10 on a neutral court.

Kenpom ranks Drake at 152 while we sit at 117. They’re a decent defensive team who doesn’t score the ball particularly well and plays at a snails pace. I want to see us get out and run on these guys and dictate the pace more to our liking. Drake has also been one of the luckies teams in the nation with a kenpom luck raking of 6th in the country.

All in all, I like our chances in this game. I think it’ll be close with us having a chance to sneak out of Des Moines with a victory. If we can limit turnovers and actually shoot free throws proficiently we should be just fine. I say ISU wins 68-64

I think it will be a close game, but if we can't hit free throws better than what we have recently, it could be a loss. I want to see us show up and compete. As Brokerz said, if we show up and put in the work like at Dayton and at WSU, we should be fine. The question is will we?

Our guards and wings will be fine against Drake, but Liam Robbins is going to be a handful for Tre, Kessinger and Agbo. Yes, Agbo will need to play some meaningful minutes in this game I believe. We really haven’t faced a 7-footer like Robbins all year.

Excited for this game! A win seems extremely possible. I did not see myself saying that back when we were 0-4.
    NO EXCUSES

We've only won 3 times at Drake this decade. And we haven't won there since 2016. Usually they were somewhat close games, but we always seemed to be on the losing end.

However after what I witnessed last night, we definitely have a good shot to win Saturday, if the guys show the same intensity I like our chances.

Hopefully the guys don't develop the same lax attitude they did after we beat IU and Butler, and proceed to tank the rest of those 2 seasons. I don't think the freshman are going to let that happen this year. They just seem "different"

And note to iSU BB, do NOT go on Indy radio talk shows anytime soon, and do NOT have Indy Star reporters do a story about us this year, Those are always sure fire jinxes for ISU. Just stick with Terre Haute media.
    Avoid the Play In Game!

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar

Register to remove this advertisement
    Roll Timber!