Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54
  1. #1
    Administrator Jason Svoboda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    58,263
    Thanks
    2,176
    Thanked 5,742 Times in 3,454 Posts
    Rep Power
    358

    [January 11, 2020] Indiana State (8-6) vs Illinois State (6-9)


    Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.


    Indiana State Sycamores (8-6, 1-2) vs. Illinois State Redbirds
    (6-9, 1-2)

    Hulman Center - Terre Haute, IN
    Saturday, January 11, 2020
    2:00 PM EST Tip
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

  2. #2
    Legend TreeTop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,570
    Thanks
    1,296
    Thanked 980 Times in 653 Posts
    Rep Power
    67
    Are we contenders or pretenders?

    My prediction is that we win this one by double digits.

    Or...more likely....we lead most of the game by double digits, but win the game by six or seven points.
    NO EXCUSES

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    13,011
    Thanks
    458
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 672 Posts
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    Are we contenders or pretenders?

    My prediction is that we win this one by double digits.

    Or...more likely....we lead most of the game by double digits, but win the game by six or seven points.
    We probably win. I'm guessing - assuming we avoid a February collapse for once - we'll finish the year around .500. Maybe a hair above, which would be nice for a change. Nice in a ho-hum "thank goodness I didn't step on that rusty nail; oh look, a penny" kind of way.
    Fear the Trees!

  4. #4
    Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Posts
    15,568
    Thanks
    2,732
    Thanked 3,505 Times in 2,063 Posts
    Rep Power
    203
    I don't see us winning this as big as some are predicting - I think it will be pretty darn close or we will make a National Champion out of IL State.
    Roll Timber!

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Hugh McAwesome Bluethunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Underneath the Bally.....
    Posts
    6,093
    Thanks
    729
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,072 Posts
    Rep Power
    109
    I think we win this one. Illinois State doesn't seem to play well at the Hulman Center. I can recall quite a few times we have blown them out here (not saying we will this time, just giving some perspective). If we want to finish in the top four we need to hold serve at home. I think we win this one by 8-10.

  7. #6
    All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    JASPER
    Posts
    1,266
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts
    Rep Power
    26
    watched the post game presser...was really hoping Todd would've asked about the meltdown in the last 2 minutes. Come on....down 2 and have the ball with 1:40 left and we get beat by 8? Lansing can say "the best team won tonight", but how about taking a little responsibility on our part for the loss. In the last two minutes, we pretty much said..."Here, you guys take this one".

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BallyPie For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Sixth Man HOOPSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    4
    Why when down six & down seven points in the last 30 seconds are two seniors Barnes & Williams driving the length of floor for layups instead of shooting 3's?
    Poorly taught or slow learners?
    When I was a player, I didn't expect my teammates to play the way I did. I did expect them to work hard every day and get better. Larry Bird

  10. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    13,011
    Thanks
    458
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 672 Posts
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPSFAN View Post
    Why when down six & down seven points in the last 30 seconds are two seniors Barnes & Williams driving the length of floor for layups instead of shooting 3's?
    Poorly taught or slow learners?
    That's pretty standard practice. Chip away at the lead with higher percentage shots, foul and hope they miss their free throws.
    Fear the Trees!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to bent20 For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Administrator Jason Svoboda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    58,263
    Thanks
    2,176
    Thanked 5,742 Times in 3,454 Posts
    Rep Power
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
    I think we win this one. Illinois State doesn't seem to play well at the Hulman Center. I can recall quite a few times we have blown them out here (not saying we will this time, just giving some perspective). If we want to finish in the top four we need to hold serve at home. I think we win this one by 8-10.
    Under Lansing, we're 11-9 against Illinois State and 9-1 at home. Seems neither team likes playing at the other's house.

    http://sycamorehoops.com/opponents-mvc.php
    http://sycamorehoops.com/series.php?opponent=4
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indy
    Posts
    6,431
    Thanks
    755
    Thanked 765 Times in 569 Posts
    Rep Power
    57

    Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Under Lansing, we're 11-9 against Illinois State and 9-1 at home. Seems neither team likes playing at the other's house.

    http://sycamorehoops.com/opponents-mvc.php
    http://sycamorehoops.com/series.php?opponent=4
    We usually play well there and, conversely, play horrible at SIU. Why is that? (That's a rhetorical question)


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •