Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks

FIRE GREG LANSING

Register to remove this advertisement
    here we go .......................... post your thoughts
    When I was a player, I didn't expect my teammates to play the way I did. I did expect them to work hard every day and get better. Larry Bird

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HOOPSFAN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Are you going to invite all the members of GL's "Honor Guard," who surround him w/ fixed bayonets after another loss?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 Times in 3,454 Posts
    https://www.sycamorepride.com/showth...ract-Situation

Lansing has one year remaining on his deal at roughly $258,000. My guess is it is a bit higher since my original post back in 2017 due to cost of living increases that employees get yearly. Clink's phone number is 812-237-4092. I believe if you call him and tell him you will cut a check for that amount, he may be likely to grant your wish.

My suggestion is you make your donation around $500,000 so we can up the salary pool for the next head coach search. That way, they can attract a bigger pool of candidates for the job and perhaps land someone more to your liking.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Why would anyone even propose the idea of firing "The Great" GL? Beyond comprehension, isn't it. While throwing out "costs," perhaps you can examine the ancillary impact which his five (5) losing seasons have had upon various other "sectors" of University and TH in general. Don't forget to calculate MORALE and its debilitating impact upon success & motivation.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buckhorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckhorn View Post
    Why would anyone even propose the idea of firing "The Great" GL? Beyond comprehension, isn't it. While throwing out "costs," perhaps you can examine the ancillary impact which his five (5) losing seasons have had upon various other "sectors" of University and TH in general. Don't forget to calculate MORALE and its debilitating impact upon success & motivation.
    You're being disingenuous. Many people have proposed the idea of moving on from Lansing but when they consider the extenuating circumstances, they understand why it has largely been a non-starter in a cash strapped athletics department and University.

If you've done that analysis you speak of, I'd be glad to read through it. Feel free to post it.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    You're being disingenuous. Many people have proposed the idea of moving on from Lansing but when they consider the extenuating circumstances, they understand why it has largely been a non-starter in a cash strapped athletics department and University.

If you've done that analysis you speak of, I'd be glad to read through it. Feel free to post it.
    There are numerous tactics & methods used by administrators to "encourage" a resignation. How many of these have been used in GL's case? Does ISU not have a legal team experienced in these areas? Perhaps the problem lies more w/ the working (?) dynamics of TH & the University, where TH is simply too "small time" to use such strategies?

Btw, who in their right mind after witnessing former ISU A.D. RON PRETTYMAN ink GL to a 5-yr. "rollover" contract (w/GL's wife by his side) could TRUST $500,000 in the hands of ANYONE at ISU? Absurd.
    Last edited by Buckhorn; 01-10-2020 at 01:42 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buckhorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckhorn View Post
    There are numerous tactics & methods used by administrators to "encourage" a resignation. How many of these have been used in GL's case? Does ISU not have a legal team experienced in these areas? Perhaps the problem lies more w/ the working (?) dynamics of TH & the University, where TH is simply too "small time" to use such strategies?

Btw, who in their right mind after witnessing former ISU A.D. RON PRETTYMAN ink GL to a 5-yr. "rollover" contract (w/GL's wife by his side) could TRUST $500,000 in the hands of ANYONE at ISU? Absurd.
    There is a lot of circular logic in there. Some of it may have some credence, some of it may not. Neither you nor I work for the University so we don't know any of the extenuating circumstances, staff capabilities, etc. The bottom line is you've just spun right back around and are standing in the same spot -- he has one year remaining on his contract after this year and our school is broke. Those are the only publicly known and verifiable variables.

Unless you change those, the situation remains the same.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I don’t get the spouse thing. Was she also married to Mike Sanford?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to niklz62 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Five years FIVE YEARS of having a losing record and with the University being handcuffed by a contract that was automatically extended each year no matter how he performed has been totally ridiculous. How many people perform below standard that long and do not get fired? He has sold his partnership in Dunkin Donuts and is preparing to move on. He just needs to be shown the door. Surely an alum with lots of $$$$ can ante up enough to cover a settlement before another season?
    He probably won't be looking to draw unemployment benefits as he did marry well so they won't starve.
    When I was a player, I didn't expect my teammates to play the way I did. I did expect them to work hard every day and get better. Larry Bird

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    https://www.sycamorepride.com/showth...ract-Situation

Lansing has one year remaining on his deal at roughly $258,000. My guess is it is a bit higher since my original post back in 2017 due to cost of living increases that employees get yearly. Clink's phone number is 812-237-4092. I believe if you call him and tell him you will cut a check for that amount, he may be likely to grant your wish.

My suggestion is you make your donation around $500,000 so we can up the salary pool for the next head coach search. That way, they can attract a bigger pool of candidates for the job and perhaps land someone more to your liking.
    So I take it you are willing to endure losing basketball at ISU and not hold the coach accountable?