Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

[January 22, 2020] Indiana State (10-7) at Loyola (13-6)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (10-7, 3-3) vs. Loyola Ramblers
    (13-6, 5-1)

Gentile Center - Chicago, IL
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020
    8:00 PM EST Tip
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

I don't know why, but I think we win this game. Call me crazy if you want, but I just have a feeling. I'm usually the guy going to all of the advanced analytics to pick a game apart, but not this one. I guess I"m just feeling positive today and am sticking with my gut.

I think with 3 Valley road games under our belt, the guys hopefully have an idea of what it takes to win on the road. Loyola has also lost to some pretty shitty teams this year, so I think we have a chance to steal one from what I think is a paper contender.

The more positive way to look at our Valley season so far is that we have played all three road games tough, have not been blown out. We had a chance to win each of them and that hasn't been the case in years past. We seem to be due for a road win, we keep coming close but can't get it done. Hopefully this is the game we breakthrough.

We will be lucky if Loyola doesn't win by double digits. We basically have no one that can stop Krutwig. They are light years ahead of where they were when they lost to Coppin State.

Loyola will be lucky if we don't win by double-digits. They basically have no one that can stop Tyreke. We are light years ahead of where we were when we lost to Ball State.
    NO EXCUSES

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    We will be lucky if Loyola doesn't win by double digits. We basically have no one that can stop Krutwig. They are light years ahead of where they were when they lost to Coppin State.
    I'm not sold on Krutwig this year. Maybe this game will prove that differently, but he's not been any sort of dominant force this year. He's basically a 12 and 7 guy, which is very good but not necessarily a player you create an entire game plan around.

A lot of our big men have taken criticisms over the years for not progressing or getting better as time went on. Krutwig is basically the same player he was a freshman.

Sycamores Face Road Test At Loyola Wednesday Night

Indiana State Basketball continues its 125th season as they hit the road inside Missouri Valley Conference play on Wednesday, January 22 to Loyola with tip-off set for 8:00 p.m. (ET) inside the Gentile Center. The game will be televised live nationally on ESPN+. The game will also be broadcast on WIBQ 97.9 FM as well as streamed (audio) on GoSycamores.com.

More...

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokerZ View Post
    I'm not sold on Krutwig this year. Maybe this game will prove that differently, but he's not been any sort of dominant force this year. He's basically a 12 and 7 guy, which is very good but not necessarily a player you create an entire game plan around.

A lot of our big men have taken criticisms over the years for not progressing or getting better as time went on. Krutwig is basically the same player he was a freshman.
    He certainly hasn’t improved his body. Still a lot of baby fat.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokerZ View Post

Supreme case of resting on your laurels. Kid had all of the tools to be dominant and has basically settled for being good. He'll probably still be able to have a career in Europe if he chooses but he'd have gotten NBA looks if he dropped weight and continued to develop those post moves.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

MVP

Register to remove this advertisement
    This is still the guy averaging 15 pt, 8rb, and 4 ast?? I mean no he isn't a 22 and 10 guy, but he is a reallyyy good college big that they run everything through. He could definitely improve his fitness a ton..no doubt there. I never saw him as an NBA guy though. Too small at C to not be an elite shooter or athlete

If you don't think he has improved at all then idk what to tell you. Was great as a FR, no doubt..but he had 3 or 4 other guys who were go to players ahead of him on that offense..Saw a lot of single coverage and prove you can beat me kind of defense on him.. Honestly kinda the same thing our bigs have seen this year. Most teams want to stop our perimeter game first, so lots of opportunities for Tre and Jake.. Fast forward a yr or two and I think you'll see teams scheme to take the ball out of their hands.. Will we think they haven't improved if their pt totals stay stagnant but their ast totals double?
    Last edited by Southgrad07; 01-21-2020 at 08:27 PM.