Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Thanks

Arch Madness Hypotheticals

Register to remove this advertisement
    With 6 conference games left, how do you all think we will be seeded? Itís probably safe to say we arenít going to be the top 1-2 seeds, nor the bottom 2. In my opinion our best seeds will be 3 or 6 for a chance at catching fire in St Louis. Iíd be ok with being in the 3,6 game against a younger Saluki team. Then letting the our chances roll against a possible matchup with Loyola in the Semis. If we can avoid Bradley and UNI until a possible title game Iím all for it. This is how Iím rooting from here on out. If we canít achieve a 3, Iím rooting for 6th. We do not want 4-5! No way we will feel good about playing a Bradley or Drake team followed by UNI, then having anything left in the tank for a championship. Just hypothetical thoughts. Chime in!

Thanks
    I went through and picked every game for the rest of the season and here is what I got.

1 UNI 15-3
    2 SIU 14-4
    3 LUC 13-5
    4 BU 12-6
    5 DU 10-8
    6 ISU 9-9
    7 VU 7-11
    8 MSU 5-13
    9 ILST 3-15
    10 UE 2-16

In the bracket:
    VU > UE
    MSU > ILST

UNI > MSU
    BU > DU
    SIU > VU
    LUC > ISU

BU > UNI
    LUC > SIU

BU > LUC

Bradley finishes 24-10 and is likely a 13 seed in the tournament. UNI goes 27-5 and likely plays in Dayton in the First 4. We finish 16-15 with a winning record.
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 02-09-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 1,086 Posts
    Said earlier in the year we finish 10-8 and I will still go with that. Probably makes us a 5 seed. Anyway you slice it, if you arenít the 1 or the 2 seed you are going to have a tough first game and a tough semi game. So I guess Iím saying it doesnít matter to me if we are 3,4,5, or 6. Just stay out of the Thursday game and see where the chips fall.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluethunder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I dont think any seed is easy. If you at the 1-2 seed now you are playing a bunch of guys who have been talked into think if they sell out they can shock the world

Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 876 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
    Said earlier in the year we finish 10-8 and I will still go with that. Probably makes us a 5 seed. Anyway you slice it, if you aren’t the 1 or the 2 seed you are going to have a tough first game and a tough semi game. So I guess I’m saying it doesn’t matter to me if we are 3,4,5, or 6. Just stay out of the Thursday game and see where the chips fall.
    Well said. Who cares if we finish anywhere in the 3-6 range as long as we avoid Thursday?

We have shown that we can beat any team in this conference except UNI, and that's still TBD since we've yet to play them at home. We hold tie breakers against just about every team that will finish in and around us, so we are set up extremely well to finish somewhere between 3-6. I assume we also finish 10-8, which puts us in the 4/5 matchup.

Anyone who doesn't think that's improvement and success for this team has extreme recency bias. We will be putting ourselves in a position to compete for a conference tournament title, and that's all I ask for as a baseline goal each and every year. As long as we don't all get the flu again, the advanced metrics show that we are statistically on-par with every team in this league...on par to make a run in St. Louis.