Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    I'd flip the evansville L with the Valpo W but no outcome in either would be stunning
    Sadly if we lose one it might be better to lose to Evansville than Valpo. I am not exactly sure how a 3 way tie for 5th with Valpo and Drake would work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    Sadly if we lose one it might be better to lose to Evansville than Valpo. I am not exactly sure how a 3 way tie for 5th with Valpo and Drake would work.
    Head-to-head is always the first tie breaker. NCAA NET ranking is the next tiebreaker. If we lose to Valpo at home (meaning they won both games) and we end up with the same record, they will get the higher seed. We have a higher NET ranking than both Drake and Valpo to the point where they have no chance of catching us, so losing to Evansville would be MUCH better than losing to Valpo.

Just win your homes games and all is well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 1,087 Posts
    If we win this weekend we would have a two game lead on MSU and we would also get Valpo at home (possible two game lead after that on them). Basically, it we win this Sunday we SHOULD be pretty safe in avoiding the PIG in St. Louis.

We really should win this weekend against MSU, should beat Valpo at home on Sr night and should win at Eville. So if that happens and we lose the other two (home vs. UNI and at SIU) we would be 10-8. Has a 10-8 team ever been in the PIG? (Serious question, I don't know)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    It's game day and I have to wonder...

Do our Sycamores have the chutzpah to NOT let Saturday's poor performance dictate the rest of the season? TBD
    Does Key have the fortitude to put the team on his back (if necessary) and take control of the game? TBD
    Does Neese have the wherewithal to re-kindle that magic shooting touch he displayed during his high school days? TBD
    Does LaRavia have the presence of mind to stay out of foul trouble? HE DID!
    Do the Braves have the synergy to gel now that they've added healthy (previously missing) components? POSSIBLY
    Will Darrel Brown go off on us for 20+ points? NEGATIVE
    Will Childs go off on us for 20+ points? NEGATIVE - 19pts
    Who's the better "in-game" coach, Lansing or Wardle? It's a wash.
    Was Saturday the beginning of a #FebruaryCollapse? TBD
    Was Saturday a wake-up call to finish the season with a #FebruaryDomination? TBD
    Did you know that Richard Pryor, Jim Thome, and Dan Fogelberg were all born in Peoria, IL? I do now.
    Will we win this game!?!?!?!?!??
    We did not win this game.
    NO EXCUSES

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeTop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
    If we win this weekend we would have a two game lead on MSU and we would also get Valpo at home (possible two game lead after that on them). Basically, it we win this Sunday we SHOULD be pretty safe in avoiding the PIG in St. Louis.

We really should win this weekend against MSU, should beat Valpo at home on Sr night and should win at Eville. So if that happens and we lose the other two (home vs. UNI and at SIU) we would be 10-8. Has a 10-8 team ever been in the PIG? (Serious question, I don't know)
    No 10-8 team has played in the 'play-in game,' at least not in the ArchMadness (ST Louis) format
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Q_iu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Without doing more research on the matter, I know that we did play on Thursday in 2012, as an 8-10 team.
    NO EXCUSES

All-Conference
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q_iu View Post
    No 10-8 team has played in the 'play-in game,' at least not in the ArchMadness (ST Louis) format
    I would think it would be a near mathematical impossibility. Thereís been a few .500 teams that had chips fall bad and end up in the PIG as a 7 seed but thatís all I recall.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,489 Times in 914 Posts
    Without doing more research on the matter, I know that we did play on Thursday in 2012, as an 8-10 team.
    Isnít that the year we were actually tied for third or something, but lost tiebreakers to the rest of the world?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyTreeFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    True, that season there was a 5-way tie for 3rd place; ill st, evansville, drake, missouri state & northern iowa finished at 9-9

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    I would think it would be a near mathematical impossibility. There’s been a few .500 teams that had chips fall bad and end up in the PIG as a 7 seed but that’s all I recall.

agree -- FWIW, in 1978 the conference champ (creighton) received a triple bye to the tourney title game; we played three games just to reach the title game