Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 875 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    We “held” Missouri State and UNI to 68 in those games. One a loss, one our only road win in conference. I appreciate seeing the glass as half full, but that’s really a stretch.
    Maybe I didn't understand the intent of your post. You asked "Will we ever hold an opponent under 70 on the road.." The answer to that question is yes because we already have. I'm not sure anything said in rebuttal was to stretch the truth or create a narrative.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BrokerZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    We “held” Missouri State and UNI to 68 in those games. One a loss, one our only road win in conference. I appreciate seeing the glass as half full, but that’s really a stretch.
    Agree, it's one of perspective...

Over the holidays, I was in Atlanta and was approached by a Mich State alum, I was wearing a Sycamore leaf cap and he wanted to talk about 1979...

he rolled his eyes when I re-iterated that it was (effectively) 1 NBA player (LB) vs 3 NBA players (Magic, Kelser and Jay Vincent)

Nicks played 2 seasons (156 gms) across 3 seasons... and Miley had a brief foreign career, Gilbert was drafted in the 6th round

that if you look at that (1978-79) with a learned eye, the farther you get from it, the more amazing that year becomes.

how will Lansing's tenure look in the future? Lowest salary, Smallest Budget, Smallest Market and he'll finish at, slightly above? slightly below? .500

will future Trees look back and wonder how he did what he did with those three CONs?

It's one of perspective
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Thanks
    How exactly are we the smallest market in the MVC? The Terre Haute metro is very similar in size to Blo-No, IL and Waterloo / Cedar Falls, IA metro areas. Our metro and city is considerably larger than Carbondale. And while Evansville, Springfield, and Peoria are slightly larger than Terre Haute, it's not like they are that much bigger. The only two schools that play in huge markets are Loyola and Valpo; and not a lot of people in Chicagoland care about either school.

All-Conference
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    How exactly are we the smallest market in the MVC? The Terre Haute metro is very similar in size to Blo-No, IL and Waterloo / Cedar Falls, IA metro areas. Our metro and city is considerably larger than Carbondale. And while Evansville, Springfield, and Peoria are slightly larger than Terre Haute, it's not like they are that much bigger. The only two schools that play in huge markets are Loyola and Valpo; and not a lot of people in Chicagoland care about either school.
    Since ESPN took over it’s hard to quantify market value. You measure it by the price point for advertising during the broadcast. If we went back to ISU games being broadcast on WTWO, we’re one of the smallest, if not the smallest, markets in the MVC. And our administration is doing nothing to subsidize it.

And people wonder why ISU athletics tends to struggle in it’s flagship sports.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hooper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,800 Times in 3,494 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    Watch home games for all of the Valley schools and then look at the advertisers and sponsors the schools have landed.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

All-American
    Thanks
    I think we struggle because we don't outscore our opponents often enough. That leads to students being disconnected to the teams and therefore do not become lifelong fans. Most people are not as loyal as most of us. That is probably true in other aspects of life besides sports.

All-Conference
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Watch home games for all of the Valley schools and then look at the advertisers and sponsors the schools have landed.
    This. After ISU games I generally crave Casey’s General Store pizza and feel compelled to up my State Farm insurance. That’s about it.

Thanks

Missouri State Visits Sunday In Front Of National Television Audience

Indiana State Basketball continues its 125th season as they return home for a Missouri Valley Conference tilt on Sunday, February 16 as they host Missouri State with tip-off set for 4:00 p.m. (ET) inside Hulman Center. The game will be televised live nationally on ESPNU as well as the ESPN app. The game will also be broadcast on WIBQ 97.9 FM as well as streamed (audio) on GoSycamores.com.

More...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 1,086 Posts
    Is JB playing? And if he is, does he have any limitations with his hand/finger?

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    I watch a lot of Valley games. I don't particularly pay too much attention to the commercials, but they seem to mostly be the same ones for all of the schools, at least on ESPN+ (those are the only ones I can watch). The only real commercial difference I have noticed is that during Evansville and OVC games, the chamber of commerce for the city of Evansville has an ad trying to get people to visit the city.