Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    MVP

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q_iu View Post
    Dave,

I'd say that I'm actually "running off the fingers" as I sit at my keyboard, Warrioring away. I AM left with with this question - What can I say that will persuade you to leave this board?

I read all 3 of Deehee33's posts; what makes anyone think that ISU will soon be joining the MAC or making noise to join the MAC? The Trees struggle to fund FCS football TODAY; how are they suddenly going to find the $$$ to add 22 more scholarships? I SERIOUSLY doubt we're going to find 22+ "Rudys" to fill out the roster.

There are larger issues at play wrt the enrollment, endowment of ISU than alumni, fans and students not supporting the Trees. Those larger issues are outside the control of anyone in "power" at ISU.

However, if Deehee33 or others want to get us to FBS football - then quit bitching about it and DONATE the $$ to make it happen; because THAT'S what it's going to take to move ISU to FBS football... $$$$ not rhetorical questions about why doesn't ISU just do it.

In case you hadn't noticed, paid attention or cared; the following statements are true:

* The SunBelt (region, NOT athl conf) is growing in population; the Midwest is shrinking in population.
    * ISU is currently NOT in the Top Ten wrt university endowment for indiana based colleges.
    * The stock market just took another BIG DIP, as deep as the contraction in 1987; which means the endowment ISU DOES have, likely just got smaller.
    * The MAC is not likely going to look at us for expansion; in fact, I foresee the MAC or certainly a number of MAC schools returning to FCS football.

As I mentioned in the other post; it it none of your business but I've donated for about 10 years; I am now able to donate just at the President Society level; if you don't know what that is; search for it at indstate.edu I am a multi-year Varsity Club member; though most of my dollars go to the academic side of ISU because a university exists to educate and lift the masses. Universities DO NOT exist to sponsor sports teams. I make it to games when I can, I do not live in the Wabash Valley, nor Indiana nor the Great Midwest. Doesn't mean I can't watch them, though ESPN+ sucks, doesn't mean I and other alums can't criticize. Jason has a wonderful feature on this board; the 'ignore feature' -- works perfectly, I have a short list of "personalities" that i ignore. Other posts I ignore as I chose, as I'm sure do others.

I give more to my place of worship than I do ISU; there are other causes I believe in and donate to. EVERYONE has a choice of how, where and why the spend their money and to whom they donate. And if you look for my name, sorry but I doubt it's listed -- all of my donations are anonymous; that's the best way to avoid receiving an endless stream of requests from every charity in the nation.

I keep grinding on donations because that's how it works -- money talks and bullsh*t walks
    Wow your little fingers must have been really busy copying and pasting the same post twice trying to get to me.... Listen troll it must be very cold in mommies basement doing all the googling you want to do to try to make yourself really cool. No there is nothing that you could say that would chase me away . I figured you out the very first time I read one of your posts . I have met many others from this board it is a great way to meet others with the same interests . However when people post their first thread and you and others meet and greet them in a combative way then you understand why this board has seen its better days and that is unfortunate because there are a lot of great people here that have the desire to discuss Indiana State athletics .
    ROLL TIMBER

Gentlemen, there is no need in cannibalizing one another over a pie-in-the-sky thought like this.

Both of you love obviously Indiana State (or you wouldn't be wasting your time posting on a message board) and only want whats best for the school -- or what you think is best. Just agree to disagree and revert back to your hole since the Government says you can't move freely about the country anymore.

Or, if you want to keep at one another, pick apart the other person's opinions/thoughts with thoughtful consideration and facts. Dee posted a theory and I think it is safe to say it's not economically feasible in the current or near future landscape. The only way that changes is if the school gets a massive influx of money and the money continues on a yearly basis.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore2021 View Post
    Amen Daveinth... The Keyboard tough guys talk and talk. I have started legit conversations also. Been told I am new and don't understand the past. Well the past is the past. I rarely post anymore because of these people. This includes the Moderator who has ended many of my conversations. BTW. I have donated many times. Son in program. Been to games. Offered to meet these people at games. I tell them where I sit. They are no shows. My question is who are the real fans here and who just wants to argue. This is a great topic to discuss. Shame it went this direction by turds. This will get deleted because my opinion doesnt matter. Someday these people will meet me. Would love to have a cup of coffee and discuss sycamore athletics. Thanks Dave.
    I hosted a football tailgate for over 5 years where I offered people to come and eat before games to discuss Sycamore football. Unfortunately, with me, you missed your window as I now live in Vegas.

That said, there is nothing that would be said here that I wouldn't say in person. I'm sorry that you don't like the fact that I try to be objective and bring data to all of my posts. I try to keep my emotion out of posts (outside of game threads because fuck referees) as it does absolutely no good to blow smoke up the skirts of people on campus. They have plenty enough yes men that do that on the daily. That very SOP is the reason Indiana State failed to strike when the iron was hot -- when football and basketball were both good in the late 70s and continues to this day where alumni are completely disregarded and discarded if they don't give big money.

If the school had some visionary leadership back when Trent got the program rebounded before the turn of the decade we'd be sitting in a much different place within the landscape of the MVFC. They let supporters and donors slip through the cracks left and right. This is a complete and total failure of poor organizational leadership and culture. If you disagree, I've got decades worth of data and knowledge to back my points up... share with me what you've got. Otherwise, lets just continue to agree to disagree.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Gentlemen, there is no need in cannibalizing one another over a pie-in-the-sky thought like this.

Both of you love obviously Indiana State (or you wouldn't be wasting your time posting on a message board) and only want whats best for the school -- or what you think is best. Just agree to disagree and revert back to your hole since the Government says you can't move freely about the country anymore.

Or, if you want to keep at one another, pick apart the other person's opinions/thoughts with thoughtful consideration and facts. Dee posted a theory and I think it is safe to say it's not economically feasible in the current or near future landscape. The only way that changes is if the school gets a massive influx of money and the money continues on a yearly basis.

What a very polite way of telling us to behave!

Thanks again for the ignore feature -- so easy to add Daveinth to bunksh*t|backtorn; far less [ insert word choice ] to sort through to find the gems
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!