Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starter

1st Game At HC Next Season?

Register to remove this advertisement
    I would hope that Clink is working the phone to line up a worthy opponent for next seasonís Hulman Center re-dedication game.
    Personally Iíd like to see him take advantage of his Purdue connections and get the Boilers to visit TH.
    Who would you guys realistically like to see without getting into a huge discussion on affordability?

Just off the top of my head, these would all be interesting to me. I can't say any of these are realistic, but what the hell...why not dream?

*UCLA - with the John Wooden connection it make sense. Cronin also used to be at Cincinnati, and I believe we at least played a secret scrimmage with them before so Lansing at least knows Cronin. Lastly, when they renovated Pauley Pavilion we were their first game, so they could do us a solid and return the favor.

*Michigan State - it'll never happen, but it would be cool for Magic and Larry to be there for the game.

*IU/Purdue/Notre Dame/Butler - really any P5 Indiana school willing to come to our place for the game would be eventful.

*Wichita State or Creighton - it would be fun to rekindle the old MVC matchups and bring a "big boy" back to Terre Haute to play. Lansing obviously still knows each head coach well.

All of these would have intrigue for me.

If he has a favor to call, then sure, Purdue would be awesome.

My guess is the game is already scheduled as a lot of schools are down to their last few date, especially HM teams. I just looked at the Basketball Traveler's board and it's pretty slim pickings for anyone not looking to be bought out. Colorado State, South Dakota, Georgia State, Ohio, Youngstown State and quite a few smaller Northeast schools are looking for a H/H series.

The bigger schools looking for H/Hs want either P5 schools or Top 80 NET rankings -- we finished at 105.

My guess is it will be Ball State. That seems to be our trusty backup for events like this. Bird Statue, for example.
    Last edited by Jason Svoboda; 03-17-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Pretty sure Wooden and UCLA did us a solid when we opened the ISC Arena during the 1964-65 season; I've heard it was the 1st game in the Arena, I've heard it was the 2nd game.

Any OFC members able to clarify?

The only indiana-based Power 5 school with the cajones to visit Terre-dise is purdue; no way in hell mike brey visits; archie may be out of a job by this november; plus he and the butler-tarkington crowd are still PO'd from their last visits to HC and The Haute.

i'd rather see creighton return for a game than wichita city
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

All-Conference
    Speaking of scheduling what happened to our MTE? We are not listed for Destin. Do we have one?

https://www.emeraldcoastclassic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Speaking of scheduling what happened to our MTE? We are not listed for Destin. Do we have one?

https://www.emeraldcoastclassic.com/
    probably waiting to coordinate with new head coach?
    When I was a player, I didn't expect my teammates to play the way I did. I did expect them to work hard every day and get better. Ė Larry Bird

I think you guys are going to be disappointed. We don't have enough money to bring anyone in. Might be able to get an A10 team (Dayton or St Louis) in here on a home and home deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    I think you guys are going to be disappointed. We don't have enough money to bring anyone in. Might be able to get an A10 team (Dayton or St Louis) in here on a home and home deal.

most likely --- Wooden called Klueh in 1964; said that UCLA would be in "the area," any interest if we'd play you at your new arena?

UCLA had loss to illinois the night before they beat ISU, Dec 1964

Supporting Member Chief_Quabachi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q_iu View Post
    most likely --- Wooden called Klueh in 1964; said that UCLA would be in "the area," any interest if we'd play you at your new arena?

UCLA had loss to illinois the night before they beat ISU, Dec 1964
    I attended this game my Sophomore yr.....Yes, Iím that #$%^&*#^ old!!

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Quabachi View Post
    I attended this game my Sophomore yr.....Yes, I’m that #$%^&*#^ old!!

avoid all the hacking, wheezing Corona-ials and you'll be set to see the grand re-opening of HC this november!